2019 C43 Front Bumper Flaps Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 C43
2019 C43 Front Bumper Flaps Replacement

Hi all, I am new and seeking some help.
I have a 2019 C43, I had a small accident and cracked the front bumper flap on the passenger side. It was repaired but I want to replace it with an entirely new one. Is there a way to easily detatch it from the front bumper? Or Do I need to remove the whole bumper to replace it?
I only see one screw holding it at the top and I have no idea what else is holding the piece in. I'm a noob and really scared to break anything else. Thanks in advance!

Heres the piece I was talking about:

Old 10-14-2020, 03:45 AM

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by cps_24
Hi all, I am new and seeking some help.
I have a 2019 C43, I had a small accident and cracked the front bumper flap on the passenger side. It was repaired but I want to replace it with an entirely new one. Is there a way to easily detatch it from the front bumper? Or Do I need to remove the whole bumper to replace it?
I only see one screw holding it at the top and I have no idea what else is holding the piece in. I'm a noob and really scared to break anything else. Thanks in advance!

Heres the piece I was talking about:
From the videos that I've seen of people changing these out for after market trims, I think that specific piece is just glued or taped in. Try using a blow dryer and lightly target the bottom of edge of that trim piece. Once it's warm enough, you should be able to start removing it with a credit card or something by sliding it in to the glued edge.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:03 AM

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
2019 C43
Why not just order the replacement first? That way you will then be able to better determine how it is attached.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:19 PM

2019 C43
Originally Posted by Ramsino
From the videos that I've seen of people changing these out for after market trims, I think that specific piece is just glued or taped in. Try using a blow dryer and lightly target the bottom of edge of that trim piece. Once it's warm enough, you should be able to start removing it with a credit card or something by sliding it in to the glued edge.
Thanks for the reply! I will give it a shot, but do you have the link to the video? I was trying to look for it but couldnt find any
Old 10-14-2020, 10:40 PM

2019 C43
Originally Posted by ////AMG_C43
Why not just order the replacement first? That way you will then be able to better determine how it is attached.
I actually have the part but still have no idea how its mounted, heres the back side of it, just some slots and holes lol.
I also sent a quick message to a local mechanic, explained my situation and they say it will take 1.5hrs to replace the part. I don't know if they are trying to scam me or not.

Old 10-15-2020, 12:12 AM

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
2019 C43
Originally Posted by cps_24
I actually have the part but still have no idea how its mounted, heres the back side of it, just some slots and holes lol.
I also sent a quick message to a local mechanic, explained my situation and they say it will take 1.5hrs to replace the part. I don't know if they are trying to scam me or not.
The part is held in by the phillips screw at the top of the front opening plus two more screws (perhaps T15s?) attached from the backside. You can see these mounting screws by looking into the backside of the grille opening from the side air deflector vent in front of the wheel opening.

Those backside screws do not appear to be readily accessible, I would guess you would have to remove the wheel liner and outer grille in order to gain access to the backside of your trim cover. 1.5 shop hours just might be realistic? Hope this helps. Good luck.

Old 10-15-2020, 01:17 AM

2019 C43
Originally Posted by ////AMG_C43
The part is held in by the phillips screw at the top of the front opening plus two more screws (perhaps T15s?) attached from the backside. You can see these mounting screws by looking into the backside of the grille opening from the side air deflector vent in front of the wheel opening.

Those backside screws do not appear to be readily accessible, I would guess you would have to remove the wheel liner and outer grille in order to gain access to the backside of your trim cover. 1.5 shop hours just might be realistic? Hope this helps. Good luck.
Oh thanks, if that is the case I dont want to do it myself. I didn't expect this small plastic piece is so complicated to remove.
Thanks for the help!