C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owner, advice on extended warranties and maintenance plans?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 08:56 AM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
GT53, GLE53
New owner, advice on extended warranties and maintenance plans?

All,

Good morning! New owner of a 2017 C43 w/29k. I have always done my own maintenance (perfectly confident doing this vehicles oil changes/brakes/rotors, maybe even brake fluid flush though the forum responses seem muttled on equipment for that... so maybe no).

That said, since this vehicle was not a CPO car, should I go with a 3rd party extended warranty? Type?

What about the maintenance prepaid packages. Got a quote of 2yr/$1800 and 3yr/$2400.

Principally concerned of a future electronic/battery/system glitch and thinking the extended warranty would be valuable for this?

Thank you for your time!
Brian

The following users liked this post:
AMGiggity (10-21-2020)
Old 10-21-2020, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA 250 2017 sports
Thinking of the extended warranty also. Have a 2017 CLA sports package that has 3 months left of factory warranty. ONLY have 16K miles on the car. (Drive like 6K a year. So the extended 7/75K is good for me. BUT at $2700 through MB dealer in FL, is it worth it? The only issues I have had is the battery being replaced once cause I let the car sit for 6 months. NOW I use a trickle charge when putting car up for 4-5 months. SEEMS to have worked
NOTHING else has really gone wrong. SO IS IT WORTH the $2700 and have it through MB? I have heard other warranty companies are so tough to get them to process claims
THOUGHTS? (As a side note, my son is a certified Lexus mechanic and can fix any car. BUT he lives 1700, miles away. HE claims it is a waste of money. He says 98% of MB never come into the shop before 75,000 mileage.)
Old 10-21-2020, 09:49 AM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
GT53, GLE53
Originally Posted by mbcla250-17
Thinking of the extended warranty also. Have a 2017 CLA sports package that has 3 months left of factory warranty. ONLY have 16K miles on the car. (Drive like 6K a year. So the extended 7/75K is good for me. BUT at $2700 through MB dealer in FL, is it worth it? The only issues I have had is the battery being replaced once cause I let the car sit for 6 months. NOW I use a trickle charge when putting car up for 4-5 months. SEEMS to have worked
NOTHING else has really gone wrong. SO IS IT WORTH the $2700 and have it through MB? I have heard other warranty companies are so tough to get them to process claims
THOUGHTS? (As a side note, my son is a certified Lexus mechanic and can fix any car. BUT he lives 1700, miles away. HE claims it is a waste of money. He says 98% of MB never come into the shop before 75,000 mileage.)
Good insight. Yeah mine would Not be the MB warranty as this wasn’t a Certified Preowned vehicle So that leaves me with the original question of what company has a good reputation as an extended warranty provider And should I get it? Still have factory warranty for another year.

-Brian
Old 10-25-2020, 01:12 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
19E450A, 16C450W4, 16RRS SC Dynamic, etc
Originally Posted by SlagDizzle
Good insight. Yeah mine would Not be the MB warranty as this wasn’t a Certified Preowned vehicle So that leaves me with the original question of what company has a good reputation as an extended warranty provider And should I get it? Still have factory warranty for another year.

-Brian
Did you buy from an MB dealer non-CPO?