How to select Wheels & Tires for Amg C43 2018 Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 Amg C43 Sedan
Exclamation How to select Wheels & Tires for Amg C43 2018 Sedan

Hello Amg Folks,
I am looking to install new wheels of 19 inch to my 2018 amg c43 sedan. I stay in Michigan so I was preferring to opt for a new set of all season tires along with the new wheels. This is my first car and I am new to choosing the wheels & tires. Can you guys please provide some information on how to select wheels to the all season tires. I was looking for Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ for all season. But I am not sure on how to proceed with the selecting the wheels. Please help me out.
Thanks.
Old 11-04-2020, 04:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43
I suggest going to Tirerack.com. The website will help you select wheels that will fit your vehicle and then you can select the tires to go with the wheels. The website will even show the wheels on the vehicle and you’ll be able to choose your vehicle color. There are may other places to purchase wheels but you’ll need to be more technically savvy as to the wheel parameters such as offset. It was an easy option and for me, I liked their selection.
Old 11-05-2020, 06:31 PM

Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts
2018 C43
Any reason why you are not looking into winter tires? I would imagine it snow as much as in Toronto and nothing beats winter tires in snow, even cheapest winter tires are better then all season.

Since you are getting new rims, it's better to keep the oem summer tires/rims and new dedicated winter tires/rims in snowy regions.

Unless you are in Florida or Texas, go all summer or all season tires.
Old 11-09-2020, 12:05 PM

2018 Amg C43 Sedan
Thank you for the information, I will surely take a look into their website.
Old 11-09-2020, 12:08 PM

2018 Amg C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by stockbmw
Any reason why you are not looking into winter tires? I would imagine it snow as much as in Toronto and nothing beats winter tires in snow, even cheapest winter tires are better then all season.

Since you are getting new rims, it's better to keep the oem summer tires/rims and new dedicated winter tires/rims in snowy regions.

Unless you are in Florida or Texas, go all summer or all season tires.
I have wheel being issue with my OEM rims which was caused due to the roads in Michigan since I had summer tires and c43 has a harder suspension. So I don't want to use the summer tires again and spent my money on another set of wheels in future. I want to use set of tires that works for all the road conditions. But I am not sure how the all season tires gonna work in snow. Can you please let me know your thoughts.
Old 11-09-2020, 12:12 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,412 Likes on 2,854 Posts
2012 CLS63
Welcome to the forums!

Buying wheels is super fun! Do you have a Discount Tire near you? They have store's all over the country.
For the best wheels go to https://www.hrewheels.com/

Tell the lads at the tire store which ones you like, they'll order them and mount your new rubber too
Very easy process! The hardest part is "WHICH wheel??!"

make sure to post up when it's done
Old 11-09-2020, 12:24 PM

Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts
2018 C43
Originally Posted by Rajvamshi Kola
I have wheel being issue with my OEM rims which was caused due to the roads in Michigan since I had summer tires and c43 has a harder suspension. So I don't want to use the summer tires again and spent my money on another set of wheels in future. I want to use set of tires that works for all the road conditions. But I am not sure how the all season tires gonna work in snow. Can you please let me know your thoughts.
All season should be labeled 3 seasons. There are new 4 season tires that you might be interested but performance in summer isn't so good. It's primary components are for snow and ice and can be ran in summer but imo, it's kinda retarded riding winter rubber compound in summer.

No one can tell you what you should or shouldn't get but how did you manage running summer only tires in snowy winter months for past 2 years?

And again, if you live down south, go all summer/all season. But for me these winter tires been life saver few times that I am glad I used for past decades that saved me from rolling into a tree or a curb.
Old 11-09-2020, 12:45 PM

2018 Amg C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by stockbmw
All season should be labeled 3 seasons. There are new 4 season tires that you might be interested but performance in summer isn't so good. It's primary components are for snow and ice and can be ran in summer but imo, it's kinda retarded riding winter rubber compound in summer.

No one can tell you what you should or shouldn't get but how did you manage running summer only tires in snowy winter months for past 2 years?

And again, if you live down south, go all summer/all season. But for me these winter tires been life saver few times that I am glad I used for past decades that saved me from rolling into a tree or a curb.
Thank you for the info. I got the car in 2020 summer, so this would be my first winter with the car. Initially I had plans to go for winter tires but due to my wheel bending issue with the summer tires & road conditions ( pot holes ) etc in Michigan. I am not sure to go ahead with summer tires, because they might be harsh on the wheels due to hard suspension.
Old 11-19-2020, 07:54 PM

2018 C43 AMG
Spare wheel for 2018 C43 AMG

Currently have 19” OEM C43 AMG wheels and MOE Pirelli run flats. Want a better ride so replacing tires with Continental’s as I have heard Michelin are noisy.
looking for suggestions and also what wheel to use as a spare.
Thanks for your time
Old 01-18-2021, 05:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43 & S4
Can't stand run flats for obvious reasons - went with the non-run flat Michelins and have an emergency kit. Since my wife drives it sometimes, I purchased a spare from modernspare.com, not cheap and does take up space in the trunk but I feel much better about the situation.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:15 PM

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
20 E350, 19 E300, 18 C43, 17 E250, 14 ML350 , 13 C300 , 11 C350
Originally Posted by Rajvamshi Kola
All season are not really "all season" - they are 3 season, its all marketing. That being said I have driven my C43 with the Pirelli RF All-seasons through a winter and it worked fine as long as your cautious. Not recommended for most people though.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:46 AM
paj

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
17 C43 AMG
Wheels

Have you found some rims yet?