C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EC - Ordering TCU tune w/ECU St 1 tune! Expecting what?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 12:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Coupe
EC - Ordering TCU tune w/ECU St 1 tune! Expecting what?

Hi guys,

I have a 2018 C43 amg coupe and just installed the EC stage 1 ECU tune in my stock car a few days ago. When I first drove my car I didn't notice the loud
exhaust and didn't really notice to much more power in the lower rpms. The next day I actually go on the gas and the power
felt to me like something I never felt before. Even in 4th gear the car just pulls. So I emailed Jerry at EC about the TCU tune
and ordering that shortly. I wanted to see who has done the TCU tune on top of the ECU and what they got out of that. Is it worth the $1,999?
I would really like some feedback on anyone that has experience with ECU 1 tune with the TCU and what their experience
is. Did it make the performance much better? Quicker in the lower gears? I am happy with the just the ECU stage 1 tune but
if there is a significant difference combining the TCU with the ECU tune then I am all about it.
The following users liked this post:
hc_416 (12-03-2020)
Old 12-03-2020, 01:19 PM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 c43 amg
Originally Posted by bportner83
Hi guys,

I have a 2018 C43 amg coupe and just installed the EC stage 1 ECU tune in my stock car a few days ago. When I first drove my car I didn't notice the loud
exhaust and didn't really notice to much more power in the lower rpms. The next day I actually go on the gas and the power
felt to me like something I never felt before. Even in 4th gear the car just pulls. So I emailed Jerry at EC about the TCU tune
and ordering that shortly. I wanted to see who has done the TCU tune on top of the ECU and what they got out of that. Is it worth the $1,999?
I would really like some feedback on anyone that has experience with ECU 1 tune with the TCU and what their experience
is. Did it make the performance much better? Quicker in the lower gears? I am happy with the just the ECU stage 1 tune but
if there is a significant difference combining the TCU with the ECU tune then I am all about it.
I actually just did the same thing you did, I have a 2017 coupe. I have been asking about the TCU tune as well, I would like to hear from guys that have it and what it does for there car. Most answers I get are they up the trans pressure, and adjust some of the shifting points and depending on year of car you will have a little different program based on were the cpc is. I would like to hear from guys that have it, I have some info on my thread I started if you want to look, it's the Eurocharged thread in the title. Two guy have it and have talked about it.
Old 12-03-2020, 02:28 PM

2018 C43 AMG Coupe
Yeah I really want to buy the TCU tune but also want to have more info. I spoke to a sales guy at EC today but the damn phone kept cutting out.
From what I heard it changes how the car drives between 1st to 2nd, and from 2nd to 3rd. Allowing more power that the car already has to the
crank or wheel. I think he said my car did not have a CPC and would be good to go with just the TCU tune. But, $1,999 is a good chunk
of change on top of the $1,300 ECU tune. I think he mentioned gear shifting will improve. That in itself might be worth it. gear shifting even in
comfort mode is annoying. Its rocky as I accelerate and seems like the car is trying to get to 4th gear as fast as it can in Comfort mode.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:25 PM

C43 2019
I ordered TCU tune from AMR as well. I hope it would be delivered to me before Christmas so that I can try and post my result here.
hc_416 (12-03-2020)
Old 12-03-2020, 10:13 PM

2018 C43 AMG Coupe
Is your car stock or do you have an ECU tune?
Old 12-03-2020, 10:20 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 213 E wagon
Hi guys,

i just got it done few hours ago its like adding 50 hp al over again .
5ynatra (12-04-2020)
Old 12-03-2020, 10:27 PM

2018 C43 AMG Coupe
MWorks E wagon -

So you have a C43 with the stage 1 ECU tune and the TCU tune? do you considerably notice more power than just having the ECU tuned?

I have a stock C43 with the stage 1 ECU tune. and one of the things EC said would be different is smoother shifting. I find my car being rough
shifting gears and even missing (not sure how that happens). But what is your experience with shifting and is there noticeable acceleration above
and beyond how your car felt with just the ECU tune? I appreciate your input man..
Old 12-03-2020, 10:51 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 213 E wagon
MWorks E wagon -

So you have a C43 with the stage 1 ECU tune and the TCU tune? do you considerably notice more power than just having the ECU tuned?

I have a stock C43 with the stage 1 ECU tune. and one of the things EC said would be different is smoother shifting. I find my car being rough
shifting gears and even missing (not sure how that happens). But what is your experience with shifting and is there noticeable acceleration above
and beyond how your car felt with just the ECU tune? I appreciate your input man..
may car is a e43 wagon 2017 tcu/ cps is all in one... 2018+ .the tcu / cps is the new set up dealer keeps finding was to make it harder to crack im stage 2 EC . now tcu tuned I never had any shift problems in C mode in sport + now then i get hard shift. With new tcu i only had it few hrs it going thru learning phase i cant answer any questions about shifting just yet but as far as performance gains big time difference . 2maro i will be pushing hard and doing dragy runs . Also way faster shifting and & holds all gears in a higher power band . I.love it like i told jerry im a customer for life.
The following 2 users liked this post by MWorks E wagon:
AhEmGee (12-05-2020), loungn14 (12-10-2020)
Old 10-30-2023, 09:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz C43 Coupe
Hello, I have purchased and had a TCU tube installed by my tuner. It has been about a month or so with it on. The shifting speed is pretty quick and more responsive, but I haven’t noticed it to be actually much faster. I do get better launches though. I am a little disappointed with it since I lost my upshift burbles that the car comes with stock. My tuner said that he can’t really change it, which is a bit odd. I would only recommend the TCU tune for anyone who wants to make their car faster for something like the drag strip, but for everyday driving I personally wouldn’t because it ruins the fun of the car.
SouthernC43AMG (11-01-2023)