MB roadside assistance for new car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 05:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2020 C43 AMG Sedan
MB roadside assistance for new car

Response from MBUSA

I finally got a response from MB USA (see copy above) that roadside assistance for new vehicle only tows you to a MB dealer, which is not working for me since I did not purchase tire & wheel insurance and I have a really good local tire shop near me. If it is a mechanical failure or accident where I would take it to a dealer anyway, then it's another story. So I went ahead and add roadside assistance coverage via my auto insurance policy. I've seen some discussion on this forum whether to use MB roadside assistance or AAA, so now we know who to call.
Old 01-11-2021, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,665 Posts
2019 C63CS
Yes, this is pretty much clearly explained on mbusa.com https://www.mbusa.com/en/owners/road...ce/eligibility and pretty obvious that they would only tow the car to an authorized MB dealership. I don't see that as an issue. I don't have the tire & wheel insurance either. I purchase my tires from Tire Rack and they include free road hazard. It's a reimbursement plan, so if I have to have an MB dealership replace a tire I can just submit the invoice and get reimbursed up to the purchase amount of the original tire, or I can even have Tire Rack ship a new tire directly to the dealership, especially since I don't use the OEM tires anymore. I'm actually taking in my C63 for the first Service B tomorrow and it needs new front tires. I already purchased them from Tire Rack and they are sitting in my trunk for the dealership to mount and do an alignment. Typically I have my tires mounted at my indy, though. They are a Tire Rack recommended installer, but since the car needs to have the service done anyway, I just get everything done at the dealership.