C43 convertible loaded but no sports exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 11:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C43 AMG convertible
C43 convertible loaded but no sports exhaust

Fellow C43 fans,

I am considering a 2019 C43 convertible that is new with no mileage. It has all options except the AMG drivers option that gives you the 19inch wheels and the sports exhaust. I have already found a set of AMG 19inch rims but wondering if there are good exhaust options aftermarket? Not sure if i can live without the deeper sound! :>

Cheer
Old 04-02-2021, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
C190
Originally Posted by calgaryphoenix
Fellow C43 fans,

I am considering a 2019 C43 convertible that is new with no mileage. It has all options except the AMG drivers option that gives you the 19inch wheels and the sports exhaust. I have already found a set of AMG 19inch rims but wondering if there are good exhaust options aftermarket? Not sure if i can live without the deeper sound! :>

Cheer
I’ve had both standard sports exhaust and performance exhaust. The performance exhaust is not deeper sounding. Completely different sounding for sure, but not deeper. In my opinion the sports exhaust sounds a little deeper, maybe because the diameter of the single tube going down the entire length is extremely large.
Old 04-02-2021, 02:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C43
as mentioned above, there are differences between the 2 exhausts being that the PE has dual pipes that run front to back merged by resonators and whatnot giving it a really nice aggressive sound with electronic flaps at the rear to add to the experience. The regular C43 exhaust has a single large diameter pipe running after the 2 down pipes that means a "Y" at the back (much larger than regular C-class models) that gives a less aggressive but very sporty growl more noticeable in Sport and Sport + modes . I currently have the regular setup which sounds really good taking all into consideration. When I was shopping for one at the time, I had found a beaten C43 with a performance exhaust, and a mint C43 without....I went with the latter and have not regretted it since. So if the C43 you're looking at is clean with a good history, I wouldn't let the exhaust deter your from getting a good car.
The following users liked this post:
Griley (04-02-2021)
Old 04-02-2021, 02:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by FORCE-FED!
as mentioned above, there are differences between the 2 exhausts being that the PE has dual pipes that run front to back merged by resonators and whatnot giving it a really nice aggressive sound with electronic flaps at the rear to add to the experience. The regular C43 exhaust has a single large diameter pipe running after the 2 down pipes that means a "Y" at the back (much larger than regular C-class models) that gives a less aggressive but very sporty growl more noticeable in Sport and Sport + modes . I currently have the regular setup which sounds really good taking all into consideration. When I was shopping for one at the time, I had found a beaten C43 with a performance exhaust, and a mint C43 without....I went with the latter and have not regretted it since. So if the C43 you're looking at is clean with a good history, I wouldn't let the exhaust deter your from getting a good car.
I second that, my car was in very good condition every option except heads up display and the performance exhaust, although I wish I had the performance exhaust I’m still happy with how the car sounds.
Old 04-02-2021, 04:12 PM

Received 310 Likes on 236 Posts
C43
I was in the same boat with my c43 coupe - all the options I wanted besides the performance exhaust. Approximately one year after purchasing the car I bought an FI Exhaust (among other things) and could not be happier.