2017 C43 19 inch wheels tire recommendation and sizing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Question 2017 C43 19 inch wheels tire recommendation and sizing

What's up, guys.
I have a 2017 MB C43 sedan with 19-inch option wheels. The Pzeros run flat on my vehicle are worn and one of them is having a flat spot so I'm thinking of replacing them.
My candidates are Michelin AS3+ and Continental DWS 06 plus. My OE tire sizes are 225/40/R19 front and 255/35/R19 rear.
Where I live snows a lot during winter and have beyond average rain, so summer tires are not on my list.
Personally, I am a bit partial to the DWS 06 plus due to its traction in snow and its new release date. But I would like to have some suggestions from the community.
Also, I'm not sure if I can upsize my tires for example from 225 to 235 to the front?
Any suggestion would help!
Thx!
Old 04-11-2021, 11:40 AM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
C43 2017
Should be np I went after market on 8.5" wide on 19 " rim with 245 35 19 on front and 9.5" and 275 30 19 on rear no issues
Old 04-11-2021, 11:42 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
C43 Coupe
Is your RF flat spot due to lack of driving from COVID?
Similar situation as you, I got the Michelin AS3+ recently because of popularity here for something non RF other than the PS 4S. DWS06+ has good reviews too but mostly from other cars.
My location snows a lot too and I don't have proper condition to store summer rubber during the winter. So, the AS makes sense for me. And it will be a good transition for cold Autumn drives right before changing over to the winters.
Old 04-11-2021, 03:24 PM

Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Hungalow
Should be np I went after market on 8.5" wide on 19 " rim with 245 35 19 on front and 9.5" and 275 30 19 on rear no issues
Wow, that's really wide tires on the same set of wheels. Good to know they can fit.
Btw, your aftermarket wheels looks gorgeous!
Old 04-11-2021, 03:52 PM

Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Originally Posted by mcschan86
Is your RF flat spot due to lack of driving from COVID?
Similar situation as you, I got the Michelin AS3+ recently because of popularity here for something non RF other than the PS 4S. DWS06+ has good reviews too but mostly from other cars.
My location snows a lot too and I don't have proper condition to store summer rubber during the winter. So, the AS makes sense for me. And it will be a good transition for cold Autumn drives right before changing over to the winters.
Congratulations on you need tires!

I don't know if the flat spots are due to lack of driving because I bought the car used from a dealership and it came with a humming noise from left rear wheel. I was stop excited and trusted the dealer that it will go away as I drive. But obviously it didn't. So I initially I got my wheels checked at local tire shop and was told my wheels are bent. But the humming noise still exist after fixing the wheels. So right now I think it's due to the uneven tire wear or maybe a permanent flat spot. I hope a new set of tires can solve this problem lol!

I see tons of good reviews for AS3+, these tires are great. But I did want to try the new DWS06+ because of its superior performance in snow. However, I was told that it's sidewalls might be a bit soft compared to AS3+. So, idk lol, still seeking for advices!
​​​​​
Old 04-11-2021, 04:37 PM

C43 2017
Originally Posted by Tommii
Congratulations on you need tires!

I don't know if the flat spots are due to lack of driving because I bought the car used from a dealership and it came with a humming noise from left rear wheel. I was stop excited and trusted the dealer that it will go away as I drive. But obviously it didn't. So I initially I got my wheels checked at local tire shop and was told my wheels are bent. But the humming noise still exist after fixing the wheels. So right now I think it's due to the uneven tire wear or maybe a permanent flat spot. I hope a new set of tires can solve this problem lol!

I see tons of good reviews for AS3+, these tires are great. But I did want to try the new DWS06+ because of its superior performance in snow. However, I was told that it's sidewalls might be a bit soft compared to AS3+. So, idk lol, still seeking for advices!
​​​​​
Hey Tommii, I had the same humming noise thought it was the diff or drive axle BUT.... since my last set of summers wore out in one season I decided to get the alignment done before new rubbers at the local merc dealer and seems to be very quiet now. Also the car doesnt crash over bumps and potholes seems to glide much better and beleive it or not sounds better.
I am attaching alignment data I dont fully get it but think the toe in the front left and right were out of spec along with right rear which could be the culprit. About the flat spots of course if sitting for long periods in cold its gonna happen my c400 runflats were horibble for that. Anyway Thx for your comment about my car and good luck

Old 04-11-2021, 04:45 PM

Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Hey Tommii, I had the same humming noise thought it was the diff or drive axle BUT.... since my last set of summers wore out in one season I decided to get the alignment done before new rubbers at the local merc dealer and seems to be very quiet now. Also the car doesnt crash over bumps and potholes seems to glide much better and beleive it or not sounds better.
I am attaching alignment data I dont fully get it but think the toe in the front left and right were out of spec along with right rear which could be the culprit. About the flat spots of course if sitting for long periods in cold its gonna happen my c400 runflats were horibble for that. Anyway Thx for your comment about my car and good luck
Thanks for you information Hungalow!
Jjust a quick question about your alignment. I called my local mb dealer and was told they would only do factory settings to the car. Is that what you did?
You are right, I should go for an alignment before new rubbers lol!
Old 04-11-2021, 04:56 PM

C43 2017
Originally Posted by Tommii
Thanks for you information Hungalow!
Jjust a quick question about your alignment. I called my local mb dealer and was told they would only do factory settings to the car. Is that what you did?
You are right, I should go for an alignment before new rubbers lol!
exactly what I did although I did the alignment with the oem rims and winter tires cause they are sticklers and wont do it with after market rims. They were hesitant to do the align telling me about the negative camber story but I insisted if the wear on both fronts were equal cheery O....but that was not the case. Yes I think they will only do factory spec... liability I guess.
Old 04-11-2021, 04:59 PM

Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
exactly what I did although I did the alignment with the oem rims and winter tires cause they are sticklers and wont do it with after market rims. They were hesitant to do the align telling me about the negative camber story but I insisted if the wear on both fronts were equal cheery O....but that was not the case. Yes I think they will only do factory spec... liability I guess.
Great! Thank you so much!
Old 04-11-2021, 05:01 PM

C43 2017
Np...glad to help