Sponsored by:

C43 Blow off valves

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 43 2017
C43 Blow off valves

Hi guys, I want to get the BMS Dual intakes and the waisted blow off valves. Is it possible to do both modifications? Will the turbo whistle be too loud?
Old 05-14-2021, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
This guy knows the answer...
Old 05-15-2021, 03:17 PM

Received 312 Likes on 237 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by RichardCranium3
This guy knows the answer...
It’s like an alarm clock...
The following users liked this post:
RichardCranium3 (05-18-2021)
Old 05-16-2021, 03:32 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
C450 AMG
Originally Posted by Pushingcascade9
Hi guys, I want to get the BMS Dual intakes and the waisted blow off valves. Is it possible to do both modifications? Will the turbo whistle be too loud?

Yes, you can do both and its not too loud at all, unless you're over the age of 70 and you say that you're eating Supper instead of Dinner LOL. I went with the MST Dual air intake instead of the BMS because they fixed the metal box heat soak possibility that they had on the first intakes they built and also because BMS has been reported to have heat soak issues for sure. I went with the BMS diverter valve spacers instead of blow off valves (pretty much the same) and I only installed one so far because passenger side turbo is upside down and a pain to get to. I think it sounds great and the second one might be too much, but one of these days I'm gonna put it on there because it may not give you any added performance, but it does reduce the beating your turbos take when they have to take that air back into them instead of releasing it. If anyone tells you different, just ignore them. Ive had master certified technicians tell me that and there is a bunch of "non certified mechanics" on here that think their opinion is the correct way to do everything.

Old 05-16-2021, 06:43 AM

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
2017 AMG C43
Excess blow off

I have 2017 C43 AMG with a Eurocharged stage 1 tune and BMS Air intakes. Do you guys with the same, hear what sounds like excess boost released when accelerating from stop through to second? At mild acceleration it sounds like the diverter valve opens with any boost pressure until I lift off the throttle. From there it seems like it closes unless I get into it hard. Seems a little laggy too. I'm thinking the stock diverter valves are made for factory boost pressure and having a tune increases the pressure causing it to release anything over stock boost. So anyone suggest a good aftermarket diverter or blow off valve?
Old 05-24-2021, 08:10 PM

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by Freder8d
I have 2017 C43 AMG with a Eurocharged stage 1 tune and BMS Air intakes. Do you guys with the same, hear what sounds like excess boost released when accelerating from stop through to second? At mild acceleration it sounds like the diverter valve opens with any boost pressure until I lift off the throttle. From there it seems like it closes unless I get into it hard. Seems a little laggy too. I'm thinking the stock diverter valves are made for factory boost pressure and having a tune increases the pressure causing it to release anything over stock boost. So anyone suggest a good aftermarket diverter or blow off valve?
Well I think I came up with the answer to my question regarding the excess boost blow off. From what I can understand is the diverter valve flows excess boost or boost in back into the intake manifold to help spool the turbo and I believe what I'm hearing is exactly that. Even at moderate speeds it's blowing boost back into the intake to spin up the turbo's. That's the only thing that makes sense to me because I haven't tripped a service light. And a few of the shops I've spoken with say that the diverter valve is not something that fails often or at all. I don't know if anybody else can shed some light on that theory?