C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I fix a front bumper ding/dent under PPF?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 03:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 C43
How do I fix a front bumper ding/dent under PPF?

Hello guys, I just got my new PPF installed a few days ago and noticed a small divot on my front bumper. Anybody knows how to fix that? I’ve been wondering is it possible to get it fixed without peeling off the new film? Body shop provided me two options but all required peeling off the film. 1: repaint. 2: touch up clear coat and wet sanding + polishing.
Old 05-16-2021, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,665 Posts
2019 C63CS
I can't tell from the picture where exactly it is. If it's a metal panel, then a PDR guy can potentially pop it out w/o having to remove the PPF, but the problem is you might end up with an air bubble if there's air trapped under the film. If it's plastic, then it needs to be filled, sanded etc. and painted.
Old 05-16-2021, 04:31 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 C43
Originally Posted by superswiss
I can't tell from the picture where exactly it is. If it's a metal panel, then a PDR guy can potentially pop it out w/o having to remove the PPF, but the problem is you might end up with an air bubble if there's air trapped under the film. If it's plastic, then it needs to be filled, sanded etc. and painted.
It’s plastic front bumper. It’s weird because my old film had been beaten up by rocks and road debris and none of them left any dent on bumper. And since I just got the film installed recently, I haven’t had a chance to drive on highway these days. I doubt it might be the film that has some defects or the PPF guy didn’t install it properly. Everything else is perfect but it’s a pain to look at that spot