Sponsored by:

Looking for exhaust module.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 07:32 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2018 C43 Coupe
Looking for exhaust module.

Hello I’m looking to buy an exhaust module from anyone here on the forums. To what I understand the asr module isn’t available here in North America and the RENNtech module is almost 2x the cost of the ASR one. I know there is a $50 option with the AWE exhaust simulators but that doesn’t allow you to revert back to stock as easy as the asr/RENNtech module. Im looking for that deeper tone this car has on cold starts so if anyone knows of any other modules please let me know. Thanks for your time.
Old 05-19-2021, 06:33 AM

Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts
2021 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by Fluffy Nuggets
Hello I’m looking to buy an exhaust module from anyone here on the forums. To what I understand the asr module isn’t available here in North America and the RENNtech module is almost 2x the cost of the ASR one. I know there is a $50 option with the AWE exhaust simulators but that doesn’t allow you to revert back to stock as easy as the asr/RENNtech module. Im looking for that deeper tone this car has on cold starts so if anyone knows of any other modules please let me know. Thanks for your time.

I'll say this about the Renntech module -- I bought it for my 2021 C63s and love it - however the ONLY time I have ever pressed the remote button to put it back to stock was when I installed it to test the functionality. So my point is, now that I've also bought a C43 I want to have the flaps open - but I seriously doubt I'll spend $650 again for the Renntech module because I KNOW I won't ever press the remote button. I plan to purchase the electrical "plugs" or "caps" that allow you to disconnect the solenoid valve under the car for each exhaust flap and cap off the electrical connector. I need to locate them again from my earlier searches for the 63. Edit - found the plugs here: LINK

Last edited by djprov431; 05-19-2021 at 06:38 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Fluffy Nuggets (05-19-2021)
Old 05-19-2021, 07:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 C43
The Renntech module is literally the same thing for almost double the money as the ASR module (at least before VAT, import fees, shipping). In the end if you can get one imported it's probably closer to $400 USD after conversion and fees. That being said, you can have the Renntech module in a couple days (Renntech shipped mine within 24 hours).

The module is nice. I do use the buttons to close/revert to stock once in a while where I'm cruising and just want a more relaxed drive. It gives me 90% of the exhaust I want when the valves are fully open. Overall very happy with having it.
The following users liked this post:
Fluffy Nuggets (05-19-2021)
Old 05-19-2021, 08:00 AM

Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts
2021 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by djprov431
I'll say this about the Renntech module -- I bought it for my 2021 C63s and love it - however the ONLY time I have ever pressed the remote button to put it back to stock was when I installed it to test the functionality. So my point is, now that I've also bought a C43 I want to have the flaps open - but I seriously doubt I'll spend $650 again for the Renntech module because I KNOW I won't ever press the remote button. I plan to purchase the electrical "plugs" or "caps" that allow you to disconnect the solenoid valve under the car for each exhaust flap and cap off the electrical connector. I need to locate them again from my earlier searches for the 63. Edit - found the plugs here: LINK
Update on the link provided above and the "decommissioning plugs" I reached out to inquire if they were suitable for the C43 ----

Hi Dan

No, they are not suitable, the ECU firmware is not compatible with some earlier models. My best guess as an Engineer is the new AMG flaps are progressive and have a variable flap position, the plugs indicate the valves are fully open when they might not be according to the ECU. Results are loss of power and eventual CELL. They physically fit but are not compatible

Cheers - David
Old 05-19-2021, 10:23 AM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by djprov431
Update on the link provided above and the "decommissioning plugs" I reached out to inquire if they were suitable for the C43 ----

Hi Dan

No, they are not suitable, the ECU firmware is not compatible with some earlier models. My best guess as an Engineer is the new AMG flaps are progressive and have a variable flap position, the plugs indicate the valves are fully open when they might not be according to the ECU. Results are loss of power and eventual CELL. They physically fit but are not compatible

Cheers - David
So the AWE exhaust simulators /plugs aren’t really an option for us? Gonna have to spend $600 for that better sound I guess
Old 05-19-2021, 10:36 AM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by moarhorsepower
The Renntech module is literally the same thing for almost double the money as the ASR module (at least before VAT, import fees, shipping). In the end if you can get one imported it's probably closer to $400 USD after conversion and fees. That being said, you can have the Renntech module in a couple days (Renntech shipped mine within 24 hours).

The module is nice. I do use the buttons to close/revert to stock once in a while where I'm cruising and just want a more relaxed drive. It gives me 90% of the exhaust I want when the valves are fully open. Overall very happy with having it.
Yeah the module is nice for sure but that’s a 50% mark up RENNtech put on it($400 vs $600).Im sure I’ll give in eventually and just pay the $600 since there seems to be no other option. But if anyone is getting rid of theres I’d gladly buy it used just PM me.