Sponsored by:

2020 C43 Best Tires??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi A6
2020 C43 Best Tires??

I know there have probably been a ton of treads about the best tires to buy but which is truly the best for living in Boston (TONS OF POTHOLES).

I just got my car last week and already popped my OEM front left tire 19’... not happy about it and looking to see which tires can withstand the meteor size craters in New England haha

Michelin - Pilot Sport A/S 3+ seems to be the best option, do y’all agree or any other recommendations??
Old 06-01-2021, 06:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS, SLK, CLK, C, GLC
Originally Posted by Haddaddy
I know there have probably been a ton of treads about the best tires to buy but which is truly the best for living in Boston (TONS OF POTHOLES).

I just got my car last week and already popped my OEM front left tire 19’... not happy about it and looking to see which tires can withstand the meteor size craters in New England haha

Michelin - Pilot Sport A/S 3+ seems to be the best option, do y’all agree or any other recommendations??
IMO Michelin PS4
I’m trully sad, that I can’t buy PS2. I thing it was the best tyres I ever had.
Old 06-01-2021, 06:25 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
C43 Coupe
I just got my AS3+ a month ago. It replaced my original Continental run flats, which lasted about 40k km. The RF did crack my front wheel after running over a pot hole once.

I read a number of threads on here about tires and it seems like PS4 and AS3+ are the most popular mentions. It comes down to how you balance your preference and situation. For me, because I live on a place with brutal winter months and I don't have a heated garage to store the summer rubber, I prefer the AS3+ as my summer set. So far, I am more and more happy with them because of the improved ride comfort. It does absorb road vibration a lot better than the original tires. I don't think I would cringe as much if I'm forced to run over a pot hole again.

I did expected to have a drastic improvement on road noise from what I read here but the reality was not that much difference. It seems to be a bit quieter but not much as I thought it would be.