Sponsored by:

skippy tachometer? odd.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 02:06 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
C450 AMG - Polar White
skippy tachometer? odd.

i have noticed this a few times in the past (when the car was in warranty) but didn't think anything of it. now it is happening again - car is out of warranty now.

the rpm gauge when decelerating, is like skipping? the needle movement is not smooth. almost like it sticks for a couple hundred RPMs and as the car slows down it just jumps. not a fluid movement.
It is not always doing this. Seems very inconsistent. but duno how major of a problem this is or what can be resolved.

has anyone experienced this before? im sure its a little detail to notice - if there is an easy fix great - if the dealer needs to take the dash apart to replace something i think i'd rather just deal with it than pay out of pocket for a fix.

-Skim
Old 06-15-2021, 01:51 PM

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
I've noticed mine doing the same thing since several months ago. Never really paid much attention to the needle before, but it sometimes goes back to sweeping smoothly. My plan is to just let it go until it needs repair and then update my gauge cluster to a 2017-2018 newer version (I have a c450).