Sponsored by:

MBUX issue on my C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S5
MBUX issue on my C43

Hi Folks, Wondering if anyone on this forum could give me a hand. I’ve searched the forum and can’t find a solution to the issue I’m having. This is my second C43 AMG but the first time I’ve experienced this issue.

My camera/ sensor system seems to be super sensitive. I am constantly having my cameras activate with the warning “check entire surroundings” This happens both going forward and in reverse even when I’m not that close to anything!

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there any way to make the system not as sensitive or even disable it completely?

Thanks in advance for any help!!
Old 06-18-2021, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,937 Likes on 2,629 Posts
2019 C63CS
First off, the C43 doesn't have MBUX. 2019+ models have the latest COMAND 5.5. They look very similar, though, and have much of the same functionality, including the same online services. The latest generation parking sensors do seem fairly sensitive. In my 2019 C63S they occasionally go off even if I'm not that close to anything or they go full panic mode pulling into my garage with the door frame being close. They do monitor the sides now, not just the front and rear.

You can turn them off with the button on the left above the light switch and there is a Warn Early setting that you can turn on and off. I played with that a little bit, but can't remember from the top of my head what I settled on.

Old 06-18-2021, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S5
Thanks for the advice… it sounds as though you’re having the same exact issues that I’m having! It wouldn’t bother me so much if it only happened when I was reversing into a parking spot…but it’s super annoying when you’re driving normally on the road.
i’ll definitely try what you suggested!!

Old 06-18-2021, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,937 Likes on 2,629 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by TDOTDAN
Thanks for the advice… it sounds as though you’re having the same exact issues that I’m having! It wouldn’t bother me so much if it only happened when I was reversing into a parking spot…but it’s super annoying when you’re driving normally on the road.
i’ll definitely try what you suggested!!
For the most part I don't have it come on unwanted. It sometimes comes on in stop&go traffic or if I stop too close to the car in front. You have to be below a certain speed before it comes on automatically. I don't remember a 100%, but I thought there was also a setting to keep it from coming on automatically while driving forward and then it only comes on when you put the car in reverse or manually activate the camera. The idea of it coming on automatically is so that if you pull forward into a parking spot it'll keep you from ripping off the front of the car by driving into the curb.

Last edited by superswiss; 06-18-2021 at 07:27 PM.