C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ModalWorks True Cold Air Induction System, performance data

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2023, 01:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43 Coupe - 2018 Audi TTS - 2013 Subaru WRX - 2006 Subaru WRX - Nothing Stock
ummm.... I was initially alluding that vendors get these things made over seas for 150$-200$ and charge us (the customer) over a thousand dollars. if this is about "results" and "backed up by data" then you should give a baseline on stock car, so we can see the delta between stock and with this intake.

You confirmed my suspicion that you are making these for probably under 200$ a set and off loading these for over 1k$ even with the semi-brand AFE filters. The Chinese writing on your mold confirms this.
these should be 800 max for the profit your making. I know its a free market but honestly I think your pricing yourself out at this point on an otherwise cool idea, and its a bit exploitative.

Typically when an item like this is mass produced for a couple hundred dollars a piece and sold 400-500% above “production cost” you’re paying for the time that it took a team of people to conceptualize, research, and develop, the go-fast part that’s being offered. While these folks were hiding in the shadows developing this product, where did their income come from? Who paid them? From what fund? And what is left to be repaid now that the product can finally be brought to market.

Consumers too often mistaken the cost of materials for the cost of production. Cost of production includes the paychecks for all of the hands and minds it took to create the product, and repayment of whatever good-faith investments/loans may have been required to cover the costs of taking the product from concept to market.

…isn’t business fun?!​​​​​​​
The following 2 users liked this post by xXTankXx:
RichardCranium3 (03-17-2023), Star4life (03-17-2023)
Old 03-17-2023, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Amg C43
Great point, but a little late to the party
not sure it will get read by as many people but 👍🏼👍🏼
The following users liked this post:
xXTankXx (03-17-2023)
Old 03-17-2023, 01:08 PM

2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43 Coupe - 2018 Audi TTS - 2013 Subaru WRX - 2006 Subaru WRX - Nothing Stock
Do you guys have any plans to offer a matching CF cowl? I’m sure this couldn’t have been overlooked entirely, which makes me curious to know what the reasoning was to forgo including it in the original design. Otherwise this is a great looking part and I’m very much looking forward to receiving mine next month!
Old 03-17-2023, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by MaverickC43
Great point, but a little late to the party
not sure it will get read by as many people but 👍🏼👍🏼
But YOU saw it; and that’s good enough for me! 😝
The following users liked this post:
MaverickC43 (03-17-2023)
Old 03-18-2023, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 345 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by xXTankXx
Do you guys have any plans to offer a matching CF cowl? I’m sure this couldn’t have been overlooked entirely, which makes me curious to know what the reasoning was to forgo including it in the original design. Otherwise this is a great looking part and I’m very much looking forward to receiving mine next month!

for the market they made this:

https://infiniteautowerks.com/shop/e...-engine-cover/

i think the cf intake and cf cover would cost a lot and may price a lot of customers out to be honest. You could always wrap or overlay the metal cover.
Old 03-19-2023, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Star4life
for the market they made this:

https://infiniteautowerks.com/shop/e...-engine-cover/

i think the cf intake and cf cover would cost a lot and may price a lot of customers out to be honest. You could always wrap or overlay the metal cover.
no no not the engine cover, the cowl or “scoop” that sits above the radiator and has the three ducts; two that direct air into the air intakes and one in the center.

VR Performance offers it in their CF setup. However they’re also using BCM panel filters and their kit looks to be far poorer quality than modalworks.

I’d love to see you guys offer that piece as well at some point. Be nice to have it in CF to match the rest of the intake system. Obviously this is mainly an esthetic feature with absolutely no meaningful performance gains to be had, so I can see why you might opt away from producing it. Just curious to know if it’s on the radar, maybe as an optional add-on sometime down the road.
Old 03-20-2023, 03:22 PM
SPONSOR

Received 95 Likes on 65 Posts
W205 C63
Originally Posted by xXTankXx
no no not the engine cover, the cowl or “scoop” that sits above the radiator and has the three ducts; two that direct air into the air intakes and one in the center.

VR Performance offers it in their CF setup. However they’re also using BCM panel filters and their kit looks to be far poorer quality than modalworks.

I’d love to see you guys offer that piece as well at some point. Be nice to have it in CF to match the rest of the intake system. Obviously this is mainly an esthetic feature with absolutely no meaningful performance gains to be had, so I can see why you might opt away from producing it. Just curious to know if it’s on the radar, maybe as an optional add-on sometime down the road.
Thanks for the suggestion but we will likely not pursue it. I've seen people have that plastic piece professionally hydro-dipped with a carbon fiber pattern and it is impressive how well they turn out.