Sponsored by:

Selling leased C43?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 05:19 PM

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
C43
Selling leased C43?

Hi All. My lease is coming to an end in 3 months (sad to say) and I'm thinking that I want to get into something else. I have a E450 on order but I'm honestly not super excited about it. So, I was looking around and found a vehicle I'm interested in. Here's the rub, they're telling me that MB isn't allowing non-Mercedes dealers to buy out leased Mercedes cars. Has anyone else run across this? I have enough equity in it to buy it outright and turn around and sell it even though I'd have to deal with sales tax taking a bite out of my profits. I guess I'm just wondering if what that other dealer is saying is true or not. If so, then I might just wait until lease and end and bite the bullet and buy it and then turn around and sell it to the dealership (unless I find someone on here that wants to buy it but I haven't posted it yet). Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-09-2021, 08:14 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
C63s
I have never heard of that before. The terms of the buy back are set when you sign the lease, and the lessee typically can decide whether or not to buy out the car. So unless there was a clause in your contract when you signed you should have discretion over where the car goes next.
Old 10-10-2021, 06:23 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
c450
When I was looking to buy my car, my original option was a fully optioned white sedan. I contacted the dealer that was going to buy the car for me about it. However, he could not sell us the car as Mercedes is not allowing non mb dealers to buy as you mentioned.
Old 10-11-2021, 11:53 AM

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by '1663s
I have never heard of that before. The terms of the buy back are set when you sign the lease, and the lessee typically can decide whether or not to buy out the car. So unless there was a clause in your contract when you signed you should have discretion over where the car goes next.
That's not the exact situation. Yes, "I" have the option to buy out the car but trading it into a non-Mercedes dealership isn't "me" buying the car but the other dealership purchasing the car from Mercedes instead of me. I can always purchase it and sell but but then I have to pay the sales tax which takes about $3k out of the profit for me. I have enough equity to do this but I'm not super excited about losing $3k because Mercedes won't sell the car to a different dealership.
Old 10-11-2021, 01:53 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
c450
Originally Posted by C43Flyby
That's not the exact situation. Yes, "I" have the option to buy out the car but trading it into a non-Mercedes dealership isn't "me" buying the car but the other dealership purchasing the car from Mercedes instead of me. I can always purchase it and sell but but then I have to pay the sales tax which takes about $3k out of the profit for me. I have enough equity to do this but I'm not super excited about losing $3k because Mercedes won't sell the car to a different dealership.
okay so let me explain a little further. I wanted a car from someone who was under a lease but the person who would be buying the car for me was not in the country at the moment so I wanted my close friend who owns a non mb dealership to buy it and hold it for me until said person returns to the states. However, the dealer could not buy it as the rule prevents them from being able to buy it. He told me it was a normal thing among Mercedes leased vehicles.