Sponsored by:

Non PE C43 resonator delete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2021, 05:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 C43
Non PE C43 resonator delete

I have a 2018 C43 coupe without Performance Exhaust, and from what I've been reading, if I'm mostly ok with the exhaust, but just want it to be slightly louder, my best option would be to do a resonator delete, but keep the mufflers as is. This seems the least invasive, reversible, and simple to get to where I want.

Does anyone have experience/vids of before & after resonator delete on a non PE C43?

Dumb question, but totally new to making any kind of changes to stock car, but would most exhaust shops be able to handle resonator delete and X/Y pipe installation?
Or if anyone has any recommendations for a shop in LA county, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-20-2021, 12:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 C43 Coupe
Take it from me. I loved playing with my exhaust. I converted my 2017 into an H-pipe custom built and the drone was unbearable. I then decided to buy a FI-exhaust and the sound is beautiful. I would argue it even sounds better than AMG PE. And from an engineering perspective it makes a lot more sense an X-pipe will benefit you with more HP than an H or Y pipe. I also like sound of eurohaus but can't seem to find where to buy it. My best advice is go aftermarket. If you want more volume/performance go FI or check out LOGOSENGINEERING new amg pe replica. But do NOT and I repeat DO NOT resonator delete trust me. You will end up hating it. If you want to keep that amg character you may consider selling your car and buying a c43 with AMG PE I hear 2018's with amg pe actually retain value better.
If you want to hear what the FI-Exhaust sounds like check out this video I uploaded.
But as you requested...
is a video of resonator delete I found. I think this is Ypipe stock. as you can see it is very raspy. Don't do it.
Old 11-21-2021, 10:26 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 C400 ( W205 )
if you have 2 resonaters, one in front and one in middle, delete the mid one and you will get a nice sound no drone.

Is yours like this ?

Old 11-22-2021, 03:15 PM

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts
C450,GLC 63,VW GTI
go ahead and delete all the resonators, you have 2 hemholtz chambers built into the rear mufflers already that will keep drone in check. there was one member who did it on the forums and he didnt get any drone.