2016 C43 Coils help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2021, 04:14 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
C43
2016 C43 Coils help

Hey all,

I recently bought a used 2016 C450 and I love it. Have been creeping this forum for a few weeks now haha! I knew the car was lowered when I got it, but I didn't know how much of a problem it would be till I got home. My driveway from the street is very steep and I scrape the bumper HARD every time I pull in, or out (giggity)

I found that the car has H&R sport springs that lower it I think 1.2on, or they are the super sport lowering it almost 2in... I took the car to Mercedes and asked "how much to replace the suspension back to OEM" and they ended up quoting around 3700 to replace everything.

I am wondering can I buy just the OEM coils and have them put back on without replacing every single piece? or does anyone know how much this might cost ballpark? I feel like the Mercedes dealership took the verbiage I used wrong, or is 3700ish sound about right?

Thank you all
Old 11-25-2021, 05:13 PM

Received 310 Likes on 236 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by Zour
Hey all,

I recently bought a used 2016 C450 and I love it. Have been creeping this forum for a few weeks now haha! I knew the car was lowered when I got it, but I didn't know how much of a problem it would be till I got home. My driveway from the street is very steep and I scrape the bumper HARD every time I pull in, or out (giggity)

I found that the car has H&R sport springs that lower it I think 1.2on, or they are the super sport lowering it almost 2in... I took the car to Mercedes and asked "how much to replace the suspension back to OEM" and they ended up quoting around 3700 to replace everything.
I am wondering can I buy just the OEM coils and have them put back on without replacing every single piece? or does anyone know how much this might cost ballpark? I feel like the Mercedes dealership took the verbiage I used wrong, or is 3700ish sound about right?

Thank you all
Welcome and congrats on the purchase. 99.9% sure the only thing changed on your car are the springs, so a simple swap of stock springs will do the trick. See if you can find someone looking to sell their stock set. Probably a few hundred used max. Install is approximately $100 per corner ($400 total labor). That said, have you tried pulling in at a sharp angle? I have driven low and very low cars for years and can tell you this is necessary even at stock height (I have the same H&R Springs that you currently have and have not had an issue for almost 2 years). My driveway at home is a bit steep, and a reverse in at an angle yields no scrapping (pulling in forward straight or at an angle would destroy my CF lip).