Has anyone put too much oil in there c43 amg
and has it done any damage
Old 01-15-2022, 08:00 PM

Received 133 Likes on 93 Posts
2018 C63s
Originally Posted by Andy rs
Has anyone put too much oil in there c43 amg
and has it done any damage
*****Depends on how much more was "too much", and how long it was in there for and what kind of driving was done. Too much oil typically causes aeration issues as the oil gets whipped up with lots of air and this reduces lubricity. If you run the engine hard it could for sure cause damage. Also, it can blow out seals and gaskets due to all of the extra oil being flinged around by the crankshaft and the increase in internal motor pressure. If the oil is really high up beyond the normal level you might see a bunch of blue smoke coming out the exhaust pipe, especially under acceleration. This burnt oil can coke up and damage lots of components, and gum up and ruin O2 sensors, etc..

Fix it asap, You'll know if you damaged anything as the car will not run right and you might have a check engine light issue. Pull the codes and see what it is. If it's misfiring, the plugs may need to be removed and cleaned up as that oil in the combustion chamber can cause them to get very dirty and basically make them not work to their full potential and cause misfires which reduce performance.

Just fix the oil level and see what happens.
Old 01-16-2022, 04:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 amg
Hi pal thanks for the up date I’ve been ****ting my self all night only had it 3 days and thought it had no oil in because oil is so fresh
couldn`t see it I’m a idiot but just never done it before going to get symphony today and get bk to its right level I’m just paying
now I haven’t done it in its 17 plate c43 amg …thanks again and tell you what happens
also like your car looks well nice …cheers pal
Old 01-16-2022, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 amg
Managed to get oil to right level and took it slow for a bit the went 15mile down motorway put foot down bit of blue smoke came out then that was it no more smoke after
that also no misfires at all I think I was so lucky this time .that’s a lesson learnt and thanks for the advice pal