Sponsored by:

Halogen Upgrade Bulbs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 09:14 PM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
C43
Halogen Upgrade Bulbs

Yes, I know that this subject has been played out but having recently purchased a 2018 with halogens, I'm looking for lighting improvement. The car looks great and is equipped with Night Package & PE so I was willing to accept the halogens (although I don't know who would option a car like that). Regardless, I thought I could live with it but coming from a CLS w/active LED and driving my wife's CLA, I need more illumination. I'm not looking to do the full swap with all that entail$ so am just going for the bulb upgrade. I'll probably throw the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra H7s in, knowing that'll improve my lighting but knowing that longevity will be sacrificed, I can't help but look at the Sylvania LED's. They're about twice the price but if they'll fit, I know they'll last far longer.

Anyone have experience with these and know anything about the fit in the C43?
SYLVANIA H7 LED Fog & Powersports Bulb, 2 Pack (sylvania-automotive.com)

Old 11-13-2022, 08:22 PM

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts
C 43
Phillips Ultinon 9000. I have a set in a VW and they are both bright and still cut-off. $200 for two, import from England
I also have the Sylvania in another car. Also excellent, but the Phillips are better. Also respect cut-offs pretty well.

My C43 has the multibeam LED, with the rest of world programming (full active beam). I'm a bit obsessed with headlights.
Old 11-26-2022, 08:45 PM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
C43
Went with the Sylvania SilverStar Ultra bulbs and while still a far cry from HIDs, the improvement is great. Download vision is much better so for anyone with halogens and not willing to shell out the cash for a full conversion, I highly recommend this inexpensive upgrade.
FWIW I decided not to go with the LED bulbs because I don’t think they’ll work too well in this projector headlight configuration but I may consider for the high beams.