Sponsored by:

AMR Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2023, 09:16 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
C43
AMR Tune

Does anyone, specifically with a 2019 C43 have experience with AMR's handheld comport tune? I read from another tuner (Eurocharged) that these cars need a CPC flashing or else it will go into limp mode, but AMR claims that this is not necessary. Does anyone have actual experience with AMR's tune to know whether the claims that a CPC flashing is necessary is true?
Old 03-10-2023, 10:31 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by JonWu
Does anyone, specifically with a 2019 C43 have experience with AMR's handheld comport tune? I read from another tuner (Eurocharged) that these cars need a CPC flashing or else it will go into limp mode, but AMR claims that this is not necessary. Does anyone have actual experience with AMR's tune to know whether the claims that a CPC flashing is necessary is true?
Honestly its a bit deceptive but call it what you want. You can tune the car without the cpc being done, however it will be nowhere near the advertised gains (you need to stay below the CPC limits) and equate to around 1/4 advertised gain

To tune the car properly (get that 80+hp) you need the cpc tuned unfortunately. ( we have tuned quite a few other tuners customer cpcs)

On the facebook groups there are a ton of people that will say the same thing and give you the feedback above you are looking for.

we also have a pretty decent sale for ecu and cpc if you are interested

Old 03-10-2023, 10:36 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
C43
Thank you for your response. I do respect that Eurocharged is saying that CPC needs to be replaced, but I do not understand how AMR can claim outright that it is not required to achieve the results they are advertising. Again, these 2 claims made by the 2 companies are logically incompatible. Is AMR just somehow getting every message about their ECU tune causing limp mode deleted or something? There's got to be hundreds of posts if that is the case
Old 03-11-2023, 06:36 AM

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
2019 GLC 63, 2020 C43 coupe
Originally Posted by loungn14
we also have a pretty decent sale for ecu and cpc if you are interested
Also for the 63? Can you link that sale or PM me with pricing please?
Andrew in Philly really helped me out on my visit, so now I'm looking to go back to you guys for tuning in the very near future.
Old 03-11-2023, 08:50 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by JonWu
Thank you for your response. I do respect that Eurocharged is saying that CPC needs to be replaced, but I do not understand how AMR can claim outright that it is not required to achieve the results they are advertising. Again, these 2 claims made by the 2 companies are logically incompatible. Is AMR just somehow getting every message about their ECU tune causing limp mode deleted or something? There's got to be hundreds of posts if that is the case

message me and there are. Weistec, dme, renntech all require cpc to be tuned
Old 03-11-2023, 08:51 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by 4npower
Also for the 63? Can you link that sale or PM me with pricing please?
Andrew in Philly really helped me out on my visit, so now I'm looking to go back to you guys for tuning in the very near future.
just bounce me a message with what ya need and I’ll get you recent pricing