Sponsored by:

C43 WAGON for sale in the US!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2023, 10:59 PM

Received 162 Likes on 120 Posts
1986 Light Ivory R107 560SL, 2020 Lunar Blue W205 C300 AMG-line
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Yes especially when cornering and it is also not fun in the twisties. Another part of why you can see over everyone I guess it is also do to the fact there are so many SUVs on the road, if everyone bought sedans, if you are in a sedan you won't have trouble seeing them except over lorries I guess.
Yup, but hey at least our roadways have variety… although here in SoCal all you see are white on white model 3’s and model Y’s… sigh

There is also this when SUV drivers bully sedan drivers more, get that all the time, they think they sit higher so they are the king of the road.
They have that “get out of my way I have a bigger and better car than you” attitude especially over steep humps, driveways and speed bumps. There also seems to be a positive correlation between price/size of their SUV and their entitlement. Sorry Mr. Escalade I can’t take speed bumps at 15 mph because my car is 3.5 inches off the ground stock, mind getting off my a$$? Then you catch up to them in a mountain road where they can’t take a corner and they make it their personal mission to not let you by, ego is too big…
Old 04-29-2023, 11:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,396 Likes on 2,043 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823
Originally Posted by 2010C-class
Yup, but hey at least our roadways have variety… although here in SoCal all you see are white on white model 3’s and model Y’s… sigh

They have that “get out of my way I have a bigger and better car than you” attitude especially over steep humps, driveways and speed bumps. There also seems to be a positive correlation between price/size of their SUV and their entitlement. Sorry Mr. Escalade I can’t take speed bumps at 15 mph because my car is 3.5 inches off the ground stock, mind getting off my a$$? Then you catch up to them in a mountain road where they can’t take a corner and they make it their personal mission to not let you by, ego is too big…
Ugh that is the feeling/experience as a sedan owner as well, people in the SUVs just look down on you...
The following users liked this post:
AzurSL (04-29-2023)
Old 04-29-2023, 11:06 PM

Ugh that is the feeling/experience as a sedan owner as well, people in the SUVs just look down on you...
Literally hahahaha
Old 04-29-2023, 11:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823
Literally hahahaha
not enough for me to sacrifice driving dynamics for an SUV plus I don't need the practically of the SUV.
I think the existence and popularity of the SUVs are the reason why the coupe/cabriolet/wagons/sedans getting killed off. Apparently the SUV "coupes" are also selling better than the two door coupes.
Old 04-29-2023, 11:39 PM

not enough for me to sacrifice driving dynamics for an SUV plus I don't need the practically of the SUV.
I think the existence and popularity of the SUVs are the reason why the coupe/cabriolet/wagons/sedans getting killed off. Apparently the SUV "coupes" are also selling better than the two door coupes.
and maybe it’s changed, but at least up until like 10 years ago, I always found wagons to be more practical than their SUV counterparts. I use the example of the 5 series/E class wagon and X5/ML(GLE). Our old E61 5 series wagon from 2008 had a larger trunk than the X5 did of the same era with similar leg room. Same story with the E class wagon. You also didn’t need to lift heavy items up as high to get them in the trunk either. The X5 only added a third row option for this gen, and the E wagon has always had a third row (albeit rear facing) so the optional (and almost unusable) third row in thr GLE is a mute point. The only advantage I could see to the SUV from a practicality standpoint is it being easier to strap a baby or small child in their seat as you don’t have to bend down. But if that’s the deciding factor then get a minivan… and don’t get me started on those. And these SUV coupes are ATROCIOUS!!! Trying to make something that’s on the complete opposite end of sporty seem sporty, and unfortunately us Americans seem to be eating this crap up. It all started with the X6 after they saw the success of a sedan-coupe with the first generation CLS, so they decided hey why not make the ugliest suv known to man since the Aztec. Thanks BMW!
Old 04-30-2023, 12:04 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
MB GL350, 911 C2S
Well I'll chime in as an owner of both an SUV and a Wagon. The SUV is the GL350, we needed the 3rd row as we have 3 kids, 1 year old twin girls and a 2.5 year old girl as well as a large dog. We also live in Alberta where we get lengthy winters with lots of snow so the raised height of the SUV really does help. There have been many times where a "car", especially a lowered one, has acted like a snowplow, We did look at the E450 and E53 but the rear facing 3rd row just isn't very practical for every day use. It would also be a challenge to transport a kid back there and the dog. Not sure if you can put car seats back there actually, never got that far in my investigation. As for driving dynamics, yeah it's a boat and it handles like crap compared to a "car" but still better than the American crap SUVs out there and, quite frankly, I don't want a sporty SUV, I want a partial, safe family hauler that isn't a minivan. Won't be caught dead in one of those, the wife and I both agree on that. If I want something that has driving dynamics I take the other car.

We just picked up the C43 wagon as a replacement for an RS4 sedan as I wanted something fun and practical and that really was the only option available out there. Still can't use it to haul the entire family but it will be a fun option for when I only need to take one or two of them somewhere. The only box it doesn't tick for me is a manual gearbox but the only way to do that would be to import a B7 RS4 Avant from Europe and pay north of $50k for a 15+ year old car.

So I guess what I'm saying is that there are instances where an SUV does make sense. 😉
Old 04-30-2023, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by MartinC2S
Well I'll chime in as an owner of both an SUV and a Wagon. The SUV is the GL350, we needed the 3rd row as we have 3 kids, 1 year old twin girls and a 2.5 year old girl as well as a large dog. We also live in Alberta where we get lengthy winters with lots of snow so the raised height of the SUV really does help. There have been many times where a "car", especially a lowered one, has acted like a snowplow, We did look at the E450 and E53 but the rear facing 3rd row just isn't very practical for every day use. It would also be a challenge to transport a kid back there and the dog. Not sure if you can put car seats back there actually, never got that far in my investigation. As for driving dynamics, yeah it's a boat and it handles like crap compared to a "car" but still better than the American crap SUVs out there and, quite frankly, I don't want a sporty SUV, I want a partial, safe family hauler that isn't a minivan. Won't be caught dead in one of those, the wife and I both agree on that. If I want something that has driving dynamics I take the other car.

We just picked up the C43 wagon as a replacement for an RS4 sedan as I wanted something fun and practical and that really was the only option available out there. Still can't use it to haul the entire family but it will be a fun option for when I only need to take one or two of them somewhere. The only box it doesn't tick for me is a manual gearbox but the only way to do that would be to import a B7 RS4 Avant from Europe and pay north of $50k for a 15+ year old car.

So I guess what I'm saying is that there are instances where an SUV does make sense. 😉
Yes of course there’s instances where SUVs make sense, especially in the examples you just gave. Our problem mostly resides in these wannabe “sporty” SUVs and horrible coupe SUVs.
Old 04-30-2023, 01:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823
and maybe it’s changed, but at least up until like 10 years ago, I always found wagons to be more practical than their SUV counterparts. I use the example of the 5 series/E class wagon and X5/ML(GLE). Our old E61 5 series wagon from 2008 had a larger trunk than the X5 did of the same era with similar leg room. Same story with the E class wagon. You also didn’t need to lift heavy items up as high to get them in the trunk either. The X5 only added a third row option for this gen, and the E wagon has always had a third row (albeit rear facing) so the optional (and almost unusable) third row in thr GLE is a mute point. The only advantage I could see to the SUV from a practicality standpoint is it being easier to strap a baby or small child in their seat as you don’t have to bend down. But if that’s the deciding factor then get a minivan… and don’t get me started on those. And these SUV coupes are ATROCIOUS!!! Trying to make something that’s on the complete opposite end of sporty seem sporty, and unfortunately us Americans seem to be eating this crap up. It all started with the X6 after they saw the success of a sedan-coupe with the first generation CLS, so they decided hey why not make the ugliest suv known to man since the Aztec. Thanks BMW!
You pretty much summed it up! I would add that SUV is at least easier to get in and out of and having more headroom might be another selling point compared to our sedan/wagons.
Old 04-30-2023, 01:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823

Thanks for chiming in, yes your needs makes sense in that case.
Old 04-30-2023, 01:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823
Yes of course there’s instances where SUVs make sense, especially in the examples you just gave. Our problem mostly resides in these wannabe “sporty” SUVs and horrible coupe SUVs.
Precisely, and the attitude and the sense of entitlement of certain SUV drivers.
Old 04-30-2023, 02:16 PM

Precisely, and the attitude and the sense of entitlement of certain SUV drivers.
And exactly that too. Not all of them, but some of them have a sense of entitlement. Kind of like the BMW driver stereotype. Sure not all of them are like that, but it wouldn’t be a stereotype if it didn’t hold at least some truth to it.
Old 04-30-2023, 02:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823
And exactly that too. Not all of them, but some of them have a sense of entitlement. Kind of like the BMW driver stereotype. Sure not all of them are like that, but it wouldn’t be a stereotype if it didn’t hold at least some truth to it.
Ya exactly, sadly my experience as well here in Canada.
Old 04-30-2023, 06:25 PM

MB GL350, 911 C2S
I'm not sure I'll ever understand these coupe SUVs. Wtf is the point, higher center of gravity? Check. Worse handling? Check. Worse performance? Check. Worse cargo capacity? check, worse looks? Check.

Where's the win?
AzurSL (04-30-2023)
Old 04-30-2023, 07:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823
I'm not sure I'll ever understand these coupe SUVs. Wtf is the point, higher center of gravity? Check. Worse handling? Check. Worse performance? Check. Worse cargo capacity? check, worse looks? Check.

Where's the win?
I guess those who dreamed of having a two door coupe has to settle with these ones due to family needs or they just want to look different, or they just want to follow certain trends.
There are also sedan four door coupes for those that don't mind sacrificing headroom but for two more doors, CLS for example. Although never an audi fan but audi did it right with the A7 liftgate, CLS had a missed opportunity to only have a trunk.
Old 04-30-2023, 07:23 PM

Where's the win?
It’s for the people who dare to be different just for the sake of being different. More of a “look at my money, I bought an ugly useless car just because I can!” Let’s be honest, these coupe SUVs catch our eyes a lot more than traditional SUVs, not because they look cool, but because they’re ugly. But hey they’re made for people who enjoy being in the spotlight so maybe I’ll stop hating on their fun lol.
Old 04-30-2023, 07:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823
It’s for the people who dare to be different just for the sake of being different. More of a “look at my money, I bought an ugly useless car just because I can!” Let’s be honest, these coupe SUVs catch our eyes a lot more than traditional SUVs, not because they look cool, but because they’re ugly. But hey they’re made for people who enjoy being in the spotlight so maybe I’ll stop hating on their fun lol.
The new one at least the side view isn't as bad as the previous ones but still....
https://i.gaw.to/content/photos/56/5....jpeg?1024x640
https://cdn.jdpower.com/JDP_2024%20M...an%20Model.jpg
Old 04-30-2023, 08:09 PM

I always found the GLC coupe to be the most attractive of the coupe SUVs, but sit in the back and it becomes apparent very quickly how much less practicality there is…
Old 05-01-2023, 12:20 AM

MB GL350, 911 C2S
I do agree that the A7 was/is probably the best of the bunch followed by the CLS, the VW CC was actually quite pretty as well. There was a shooting brake concept of it a while back that was very striking but alas it never made it past the drawing board. Sometimes I just imagine the state of the world had this SUV Coupe trend turned into a wagon/shooting brake trend instead. That's my happy place.
Silverbird (05-01-2023)
Old 05-01-2023, 12:32 AM

I do agree that the A7 was/is probably the best of the bunch followed by the CLS, the VW CC was actually quite pretty as well. There was a shooting brake concept of it a while back that was very striking but alas it never made it past the drawing board. Sometimes I just imagine the state of the world had this SUV Coupe trend turned into a wagon/shooting brake trend instead. That's my happy place.
I gotta say I like the way your happy place sounds. If only…
Old 05-03-2023, 07:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823
I gotta say I like the way your happy place sounds. If only…
One can dream...
AzurSL (05-03-2023)
Old 05-03-2023, 07:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823
Oh yes! Bring the shooting brakes over!
AzurSL (05-03-2023)
Old 05-18-2023, 12:12 PM

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 C43 AMG Wagon
Hi all-

So... I'm the guy who bought the 2019 C43 AMG wagon linked at the top of the post. Turns out I live only 5 miles from the selling dealer in the Seattle area, though I was in Boston on a work trip when I saw the sale listing; I couldn't wait to get home and check it out. The selling dealer is a registered vehicle importer, and they handled the federalization process (which was fairly minimal since Canadian vehicle regulations are largely harmonized with US regs, and the C-Class was built for FMVSS compliance already. The dealer actually imported three of them at the same time; a blue one sold within minutes of the post to someone in Florida, a black one was bought by someone in Idaho, and now I've got the white one.

I'm a first-time M-B owner (though a former partner had an E63 sedan I loved); I've historically driven Saab and Volvo wagons, but Saab is dead and Volvo's powertrains don't appeal to me anymore. The C43 has replaced a 2017 Audi S6 sedan in my garage. I just brought it home two days ago.

I'm new to the car and new to the forum... so, hi! I'm looking forward to getting to know the car, and digging in to a couple of updates or mods I'd like to make. I'm excited to be back in a wagon, and to have something super rare in the US.

Money shot!

Making friends with his new brother in the garage!
The following 2 users liked this post by kr900:
AzurSL (05-24-2023), sdrutledge (05-19-2023)
Old 05-23-2023, 11:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823
Originally Posted by kr900
Hi all-

So... I'm the guy who bought the 2019 C43 AMG wagon linked at the top of the post. Turns out I live only 5 miles from the selling dealer in the Seattle area, though I was in Boston on a work trip when I saw the sale listing; I couldn't wait to get home and check it out. The selling dealer is a registered vehicle importer, and they handled the federalization process (which was fairly minimal since Canadian vehicle regulations are largely harmonized with US regs, and the C-Class was built for FMVSS compliance already. The dealer actually imported three of them at the same time; a blue one sold within minutes of the post to someone in Florida, a black one was bought by someone in Idaho, and now I've got the white one.

I'm a first-time M-B owner (though a former partner had an E63 sedan I loved); I've historically driven Saab and Volvo wagons, but Saab is dead and Volvo's powertrains don't appeal to me anymore. The C43 has replaced a 2017 Audi S6 sedan in my garage. I just brought it home two days ago.

I'm new to the car and new to the forum... so, hi! I'm looking forward to getting to know the car, and digging in to a couple of updates or mods I'd like to make. I'm excited to be back in a wagon, and to have something super rare in the US.

Money shot!

Congrats
Old 05-24-2023, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by kr900
Hi all-

Money shot!

Wow! I haven’t logged on to C43 side of the forum in a little bit so sorry for the late response but Congratulations!

That’s actually really cool that they imported three, hopefully the other make their way over to this thread too. When I started this thread, I said I hoped that whoever ended up with it is on the forums, so I guess dreams do come true. Hahahaha
Old 05-24-2023, 07:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823
Originally Posted by AzurSL
Wow! I haven’t logged on to C43 side of the forum in a little bit so sorry for the late response but Congratulations!

That’s actually really cool that they imported three, hopefully the other make their way over to this thread too. When I started this thread, I said I hoped that whoever ended up with it is on the forums, so I guess dreams do come true. Hahahaha
They do : )
AzurSL (05-25-2023)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C43 WAGON for sale in the US!