Beware of RaceChip Tuning - Insane Thing Found

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2023, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-AMG C43 (W205 Facelift)
Arrow Beware of RaceChip Tuning - Insane Thing Found

Hey Peeps,

As I've been a YouTube content creator for a little while now (having amassed a good amount of views on a few videos), I've decided it pertinent to create the following video based on what I've discovered via trial and fire from RaceChip. Figuring my fellow consumer base should be aware of this, I hope you watch as I'm merely trying to make this issue known; especially given the hefty cost of these piggy-back tuner boxes. Here's the video should your interest be so inclined to have you watch:

God bless, all!! These cars of ours are seriously something to be revered - engineering at its finest, especially in regard to the M276 DE 30 LA. Holla 🤙.

Old 05-23-2023, 12:43 PM

Received 380 Likes on 244 Posts
I've run a RaceChip in my 2017 C43 for over 5 years ... zero issues, good performance increase (0-100 kph in 4 sec) and it works well on the track (nice even torque, not too "peaky"). When driven nicely, it even slightly improves the fuel mileage (I record all fuel-purchase data in an app).

While there is at least one other piggyback and a couple of ECU tunes that can yield even more performance increases, I like the RaceChip product because it "does enough" for me, keeps most of the built-in ECU safeguards in place, doesn't occupy the OBD port and is easily removable when taking car in for service (while under warranty).
The following users liked this post:
Stoogotz48 (05-31-2023)