Please help P2407

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 C43 amg coupe
Please help P2407

Hey guys,
just have my first code p2407 and I’m Super excited fml since I have no warranty now lol
2018 22k miles c43 coupe

ive been reading up on it through these pages with not so much luck where to start.

my first big question is i recently did my oil. I have work on jdm cars since Im a kid but all self taught for the most part. There are aluminum pipes that are right next to the oil pan drain bolt. For some reason these were blocking the bolt which I was able to get out (couldn’t get a socket around it Bc the pipe was too close, used an open ended wrench). But to getting the bolt back in I had pry that pipe a little to clear the head of the bolt. I have no clue what this pipes are but I would guess something with oil return.

i haven’t seen any oil or lost any oil level. It did take almost 8qts did I over fill?

I don’t smell gas

i don’t drive a lot of highway but when this code started I had to it was around 85°s oil temp was at 205° water I believe 128°. When I did hit it a few times because I had to (driving very careful with the code). Oil went to 212° water I believe moved up too.

many help would be great. I obviously won’t bring into MB but have a local guy that only does benz and Audi so if I’m stuck I’m stuck but I’d at least like to try myself first if it’s something like a sensor.
Old 09-19-2023, 11:32 PM

2019 C43 amg coupe
Bump- sorry for some reason I’m not seeing the thread
Old 09-19-2023, 11:56 PM

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
G37
Error is related to EVAP system pressure. Have you checked to make sure all Evap lines are connected? Any chance you touch any cable with the evap sensor? Possibly bad evap pump or disconnected / loose connector?

Four areas to check:

Detection Pump
Purge Control Valve
Tank Pressure Sensor
Vapor Canister
Old 09-20-2023, 01:10 AM

2019 C43 amg coupe
Originally Posted by nishalp
Error is related to EVAP system pressure. Have you checked to make sure all Evap lines are connected? Any chance you touch any cable with the evap sensor? Possibly bad evap pump or disconnected / loose connector?

Four areas to check:

Detection Pump
Purge Control Valve
Tank Pressure Sensor
Vapor Canister
thank you. I’m going to look for a diagram of the car to check these. I haven’t touch anything other than the oil change and those aluminum lines near the oil pan. And I barely drive. Maybe 5 miles at a clip around town
Old 09-20-2023, 01:33 AM

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
G37
Check and make sure your gas cap is on tight. That can also cause errors in that system.