Tuned C43 piggyback?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2024, 11:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 C43 Amg
Tuned C43 piggyback?

Hello,
I have a 2021 c43 stage 3, weistec everything cpc, ecu, downpipes, and turbos, I was told the weistec ecu does what jb4 would do but I was wondering if I can still add a jb4 for more power anyway does anyone have any ideas?
Old 02-17-2024, 09:59 AM

Received 310 Likes on 236 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by Abdullium
Hello,
I have a 2021 c43 stage 3, weistec everything cpc, ecu, downpipes, and turbos, I was told the weistec ecu does what jb4 would do but I was wondering if I can still add a jb4 for more power anyway does anyone have any ideas?
Do you have Dragy or access to a drag strip? I am very curious to see how the car performs in its current form. I do not recall seeing any real performance numbers from anyone with an upgraded turbo on a c43.

That said, your path to more power is upgraded fueling and a custom tune. A Spool HPFP, a LPFP and fuel rail - along with an E85 tune will allow for significantly more power. The few people that have gone this far were in the very low 11s and high 10s in the 1/4 mile (and this was on stock turbos).

While it is true you can “stack” a JB4 over a tuned ECU, fueling is this platform’s achilles heel when making more power. With your current upgrades, you have already maxed out the stock fuel system (unless you have a very conservative tune - which is unlikely).

One caveat to everything I have said is that the JB4 is capable of regulating a WMI setup if you bought and installed one. WMI acts to lower IATs and provides additional fueling through the air drawn into the engine. While it can solve the fueling problem stated above, it is generally less reliable unless direct injection is used (one for each cylinder) - which I have never seen on this platform. Without direct injection, you run the risk of uneven fueling across all cylinders, which can lead to engine failure (plus, if you run out of WMI or the system malfunctions, engine failure is extremely likely). I know some people have had great success with WMI, but I think it is a bandaid fix to an upgraded fuel system.
The following users liked this post:
MaverickC43 (02-21-2024)
Old 02-17-2024, 06:42 PM

2021 C43 Amg
Originally Posted by C43HeartBoost
Do you have Dragy or access to a drag strip? I am very curious to see how the car performs in its current form. I do not recall seeing any real performance numbers from anyone with an upgraded turbo on a c43.

That said, your path to more power is upgraded fueling and a custom tune. A Spool HPFP, a LPFP and fuel rail - along with an E85 tune will allow for significantly more power. The few people that have gone this far were in the very low 11s and high 10s in the 1/4 mile (and this was on stock turbos).

While it is true you can “stack” a JB4 over a tuned ECU, fueling is this platform’s achilles heel when making more power. With your current upgrades, you have already maxed out the stock fuel system (unless you have a very conservative tune - which is unlikely).

One caveat to everything I have said is that the JB4 is capable of regulating a WMI setup if you bought and installed one. WMI acts to lower IATs and provides additional fueling through the air drawn into the engine. While it can solve the fueling problem stated above, it is generally less reliable unless direct injection is used (one for each cylinder) - which I have never seen on this platform. Without direct injection, you run the risk of uneven fueling across all cylinders, which can lead to engine failure (plus, if you run out of WMI or the system malfunctions, engine failure is extremely likely). I know some people have had great success with WMI, but I think it is a bandaid fix to an upgraded fuel system.
i do have access to one i’m gonna test everything pretty soon would you recommend high pressure fuel injectors cause i want a wmi but i don’t know what exactly im getting
Old 02-20-2024, 05:51 PM

Received 310 Likes on 236 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by Abdullium
i do have access to one i’m gonna test everything pretty soon would you recommend high pressure fuel injectors cause i want a wmi but i don’t know what exactly im getting
Ask your tuner, as only he/she would know based upon the anticipated tune. Just adding WMI without a tune that adjusts accordingly can actually result in a power loss.
Old 02-20-2024, 11:12 PM

2021 C43 Amg
Originally Posted by C43HeartBoost
Ask your tuner, as only he/she would know based upon the anticipated tune. Just adding WMI without a tune that adjusts accordingly can actually result in a power loss.
weistec will do the tune for me after wmi they said get hpfp at least but what i’m looking at right now are dials that measure up correct cause im supposed to be pushing low 600 hp