Sponsored by:

full E85 capable fuel system?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2024, 10:27 PM

Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts
2015 C400 4MATIC Palladium Silver Metallic
full E85 capable fuel system?

Has anyone actually completed a FULL HPFP, LPFP, Fuel rail (rebuilt injectors) fuel system to take on only pump E85?

The only station around me has pretty good E85, regularly tests about 85%

I have a complete set of used injectors, fuel rails, and LPFP on hand, about to send them out and get them all upgraded/rebuilt and then put the Spool HPFP in there too, but just wondering, has this actually been completed by anyone else?

what were the results? a search in this forum for "E85" yielded little.
Old 04-12-2024, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 346 Likes on 207 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by TwoC400s
Has anyone actually completed a FULL HPFP, LPFP, Fuel rail (rebuilt injectors) fuel system to take on only pump E85?

The only station around me has pretty good E85, regularly tests about 85%

I have a complete set of used injectors, fuel rails, and LPFP on hand, about to send them out and get them all upgraded/rebuilt and then put the Spool HPFP in there too, but just wondering, has this actually been completed by anyone else?

what were the results? a search in this forum for "E85" yielded little.

I ran full e85 however was only tuned for e60 in case the e85 ever tested lower. i ran spool HPFP, Infinite Autowerks Plug and play LPFP, and Infinite Autowerks Upgraded fuel rail. Stock injectors. From the logs they had enough duty cycle left for power we were making. if you upgraded turbos, you may need larger injectors.
Old 04-21-2024, 04:34 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
'16 GLC 43 AMG
Originally Posted by Star4life
I ran full e85 however was only tuned for e60 in case the e85 ever tested lower. i ran spool HPFP, Infinite Autowerks Plug and play LPFP, and Infinite Autowerks Upgraded fuel rail. Stock injectors. From the logs they had enough duty cycle left for power we were making. if you upgraded turbos, you may need larger injectors.
Is there an option when it comes to injectors? Haven’t seen anything available except stock.
Old 04-21-2024, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by ninobrn99
Is there an option when it comes to injectors? Haven’t seen anything available except stock.
​​​​​I am not aware of a larger injector replacement, the Spool FX-350 just pushes massive pressure at the stockers.

I got a set of low mileage injectors off of eBay that I'm going to have rebuilt and flow matched, they'll go in the same time as the infinite autoworks PnP LPFP and bored out fuel rail.
Old 04-21-2024, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Star4life
Did you have it dyno'd? Or have any acceleration data?