Sponsored by:

Camera calibration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 02:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C43 AMG W205
Lightbulb Camera calibration

Hello, so if you have 360 cameras and one of them broke and you plan to replace it, remember that you need to calibrate it! It's not difficult and can be done by yourself. You'll need an Openport 2 and Xentry 2021.06. Why this version? Because it's easy to download for free (I can help if needed). Calibration is also easy because the car does everything for you; you just need to drive at 30 km/h! Additionally, I want to mention that the Openport costs only 20€ on sale on AliExpress, so the total cost will be 20 euros, which will still be cheaper than taking it to the service anyway.

If cameras not work you will get this message!
I'm not endorsing any specific product, and I'm not responsible if following my instructions doesn't work for you. It worked for me, and I was able to download it, so I believe you can too. Another advantage of downloading Xentry onto your laptop is that you get the original diagnostic application Mercedes-Benz uses. The only difference is that you won't have internet access. If you need help or have any questions, feel free to reach out.
Have good life my friend!!!
Old 05-30-2024, 03:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C43
360 Camera fix

Originally Posted by Banil
Hello, so if you have 360 cameras and one of them broke and you plan to replace it, remember that you need to calibrate it! It's not difficult and can be done by yourself. You'll need an Openport 2 and Xentry 2021.06. Why this version? Because it's easy to download for free (I can help if needed). Calibration is also easy because the car does everything for you; you just need to drive at 30 km/h! Additionally, I want to mention that the Openport costs only 20€ on sale on AliExpress, so the total cost will be 20 euros, which will still be cheaper than taking it to the service anyway.

I'm not endorsing any specific product, and I'm not responsible if following my instructions doesn't work for you. It worked for me, and I was able to download it, so I believe you can too. Another advantage of downloading Xentry onto your laptop is that you get the original diagnostic application Mercedes-Benz uses. The only difference is that you won't have internet access. If you need help or have any questions, feel free to reach out.
Hello friend, I upgraded my oem grille to an aftermarket one about a year ago. Ever since my 360 camera has been glitched on the top of the screen and my parking sensors are also not accurate. Will doing what you said be able to fix this?

Last edited by Dozi; 05-30-2024 at 03:55 AM.
Old 05-30-2024, 04:23 AM

C43 AMG W205
Dear friend, if you have Xentry, you can recalibrate your 360 cameras and everything will be fine. I will also be installing a new mask in the near future. If I encounter a similar problem, I will make a post about it here. However, most issues can be resolved with Xentry.
Old 05-30-2024, 11:32 AM
SPONSOR

Received 818 Likes on 634 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by Dozi
Hello friend, I upgraded my oem grille to an aftermarket one about a year ago. Ever since my 360 camera has been glitched on the top of the screen and my parking sensors are also not accurate. Will doing what you said be able to fix this?

we can help
Old 05-30-2024, 12:20 PM

Mercedes C43
Dear friend, if you have Xentry, you can recalibrate your 360 cameras and everything will be fine. I will also be installing a new mask in the near future. If I encounter a similar problem, I will make a post about it here. However, most issues can be resolved with Xentry.
Ok cool, let me know if you do have the same problem and how you fixed it. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2024, 06:12 AM

GLE 250D 2017

Hi mate

I need your help as I have the exact issue when replaced my front camera.
Old 06-08-2024, 10:07 AM

C43 AMG W205
Hello dear if your screan says that cameras not calibrated! Then you need xentry to calibrate them!
Old 06-08-2024, 10:08 AM

C43 AMG W205
Hello i have now same issue with gt style grill i guess we jus bought bad grills thats it(
Old 06-08-2024, 10:14 AM

GLE 250D 2017
Hello dear if your screan says that cameras not calibrated! Then you need xentry to calibrate them!
Hi,
What is Xentry a software, where do I get it from. What the steps to fix. Are there any tutorials or aids to follow etc?

Thanks
Old 06-08-2024, 10:17 AM

C43 AMG W205
So Xentry is menz soft for coding and diagnose your car. You need buy it or dload for free im making tutorial how to set up xentry on your pc in 2-3 weeks. Also you will need openport 2 from aliexpress. I can send to you video how to start calibration but nothing more now sorry dear.
Old 06-08-2024, 10:20 AM

GLE 250D 2017
So Xentry is menz soft for coding and diagnose your car. You need buy it or dload for free im making tutorial how to set up xentry on your pc in 2-3 weeks. Also you will need openport 2 from aliexpress. I can send to you video how to start calibration but nothing more now sorry dear.
ok great that would be good thanks. Please send video
Old 06-08-2024, 11:19 PM

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
First time hearing about this "Openport", do we no longer need a Multiplexor and diagnostic computer setup?

I was always afraid of the STAR/Xentry systems on Ebay costing around $2k where they have a TON of cables that made it seem extremely specialized.

So I spend $200 on a crappy "Benz" OBDII scanner for our W205 with basically 0 two-way features other than releasing parking break or resetting CEL which anyone could do anyway...
Old 06-10-2024, 06:49 AM

C43 AMG W205
Hello dear, yes, if you have money for a Star C4 or to buy the original Benz software, it would be very good. The biggest difference is that the Openport 2.0 will not give you the opportunity to code big things like multibeam or other advanced features. With Openport, you can only do small coding tasks like calibrating your cameras, checking your car's status, and removing the V-max.
The following users liked this post:
jonathan358 (06-10-2024)
Old 06-10-2024, 07:30 AM
SPONSOR

Received 818 Likes on 634 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Old 06-10-2024, 11:45 AM

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
Hello dear, yes, if you have money for a Star C4 or to buy the original Benz software, it would be very good. The biggest difference is that the Openport 2.0 will not give you the opportunity to code big things like multibeam or other advanced features. With Openport, you can only do small coding tasks like calibrating your cameras, checking your car's status, and removing the V-max.
That's awesome, thanks.

Do you know if OP2 can perform actuations? For example, registering a new battery or actuating the coolant pump?

edit: I assume it can do actuations since it can calibrate cameras. I also understand that it can't perform SCN coding. Lmk if I misunderstood!

Last edited by jonathan358; 06-10-2024 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-10-2024, 11:57 AM

C43 AMG W205
you understood everything quite correctly, I believe that you will be able to code a new battery and activate the water pump for example. However, I would recommend to buy if you have money VXDIAG VCX. Because the coding level is c4 and it has no problems, for example, getting memory or power like openport.
Old 06-26-2024, 09:32 PM

W140 S320
Do you have to calibrate the camera even if you use the same old camera? For example I'm changing my mirror housing but I'm going to put my old camera in the new housing, do I still need calibration?