Sponsored by:

2018 C43 Blow off valve sounds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2024, 10:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 C43/ 2016 C450(RIP)
2018 C43 Blow off valve sounds

So a little history. The car blew a plastic connector on the coolant line 2 weeks ago. Never got a check engine, light lucky I noticed it in the garage. Floor wet as hell.

Fast forward I had my local Benz shop do the installation of the new coolant line.. It was all brittle plastic. Got this car used 2 yrs ago with 64,000 miles. Now I'm at 72500.

So the mechanic calls and asks if I had after market blow off valves after the work was done. I said no. I wish I did. But since then I noticed what he's hearing. It literally sounds like I have after market BOVs. It was never this loud before.

Attached is a clip of audio as the 30sec mark you can hear how load and long it holds on. If it were after market fine, but it was never this loud. Hearing it in the clip it sounds normalish. What you guys think ? No check engine lights .. minimal codes off OBD

I attached photos of my scanner tool live data on the boost pressure. All I see off is injectors and cam timings. I have Eurocharge stage 1 since Oct 2023

​​​​​​
Attached Files
File Type: mp3
Merc 1.mp3 (1.52 MB, 7 views)