Sponsored by:

AMG Drive Unit Retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2024, 09:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 C43 AMG
AMG Drive Unit Retrofit

Good afternoon, everyone, I just recently got a C63 Style steering wheel that has the AMG Drive Units on it. My C43 did not come with them from factory. I am getting the wheel installed in the next coming weeks and have already reached out to RJAutomotive for the coding, which they have said will work no problem. I will attach a picture of what the wheel looks like and keep this thread open if you have any questions.
The following users liked this post:
SoCalC43 (08-15-2024)
Old 08-20-2024, 02:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 C43 AMG
I must be the unluckiest person in the entire world. Steering wheel god installed, looks great, was getting the coding done by RJAutomotive, they are absolutely amazing this is all on me and my doing. But I notice the right drive unit was not working, after they tested it they deemed it to be faulty. That sucks but whatever **** happens, I ordered another and then install it. Boom, it’s all working, right one is on its working perfectly. Then I notice I forgot to put back in the center bolt for the steering wheel, yes I know I’m an idiot. So I proceed to remove the wheel and accidentally put my pin tool directly through the ribbon cable of the right drive unit. So now I am down two, just ordered a third. Let’s hope third time is a charm. Please if you are doing this yourself, be so so so so careful with the ribbon cables on the drive unit, they are incredibly fragile. See pictures to laugh and feel my sorrow with me.

Old 08-28-2024, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG
Hey, recently bought amg drive unit package and got the same issue as you, but in my case left unit was defective. Can you sell me the left piece?
Old 08-28-2024, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG
Originally Posted by EricForman
I must be the unluckiest person in the entire world. Steering wheel god installed, looks great, was getting the coding done by RJAutomotive, they are absolutely amazing this is all on me and my doing. But I notice the right drive unit was not working, after they tested it they deemed it to be faulty. That sucks but whatever **** happens, I ordered another and then install it. Boom, it’s all working, right one is on its working perfectly. Then I notice I forgot to put back in the center bolt for the steering wheel, yes I know I’m an idiot. So I proceed to remove the wheel and accidentally put my pin tool directly through the ribbon cable of the right drive unit. So now I am down two, just ordered a third. Let’s hope third time is a charm. Please if you are doing this yourself, be so so so so careful with the ribbon cables on the drive unit, they are incredibly fragile. See pictures to laugh and feel my sorrow with me.

Hey, recently bought amg drive unit package and got the same issue as you, but in my case left unit was defective. Can you sell me the left piece?