Sponsored by:

AutoExpress Says Mercedes C63 Better Than BMW M3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 06:01 PM
MBW Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AutoExpress Says Mercedes C63 Better Than BMW M3

The all-new Mercedes-AMG C63 is faster, more powerful, and sounds meaner than the model it replaces, but just how good is it really? A couple of glowing video reviews should help you sort that out.

Read the rest on the MB World homepage. >>
Old 03-13-2015, 12:33 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Again all praise for the new C63

It's not really a big surprise taking down the new M3/M4 as those 2 new BMW's could not convincingly beat the previous 204 series C63's so little chance of matching up to the new vastly improved C63 !

However what is a surprise to a lot of people (I called it from the beginning) is the exhaust sound which most were worried about, but shock horror has turned out to be even better than the previous C63, so no more whinging and complaining on that one LOL
Old 03-21-2015, 03:21 AM

'13 C350, '13 GLK250
Anybody mind telling me where exactly in the video it states that the C is "better" than the M3??? I think the last words were "the M3 needs to watch it's back". A close competitor for sure but the C63 is NOT better than the M3. Nice caption though, no doubt bound to attract those inflated AMG egos. What a brutal forum this is. Absolutely brutal. Too bad, AMG cars deserve better.

Last edited by Mark's M; 03-21-2015 at 03:23 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,040 Likes on 1,422 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by Mark's M
Anybody mind telling me where exactly in the video it states that the C is "better" than the M3??? I think the last words were "the M3 needs to watch it's back". A close competitor for sure but the C63 is NOT better than the M3. Nice caption though, no doubt bound to attract those inflated AMG egos. What a brutal forum this is. Absolutely brutal. Too bad, AMG cars deserve better.
Thanks for clearing that up
Old 03-21-2015, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
no doubt bound to attract those inflated AMG egos.Too bad, AMG cars deserve better.
Looks more like your ego has been compromised after all you are the one who is being quite rude here.
BTW I think you are going to have to contend with a biased forum wether you are on the Mercedes or BMW forum. Just ask JPMBenz the responds he got for his review of the new c63 on the BMW forum.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:13 AM
g-f

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
996TT
I don't get the inflated ego or brutal forum comment? This is just about the most civilized car forum I go to. The new C63 is getting raved comments from around the globe. I think people around here are just excited by these reviews and are eargerly waiting for their own test drives to make up their minds.

The brutal comments seem to be coming from the M crowd. I understand their pain, having to listen to fake exhaust sounds through their speakers while the C63 fly by sounding glorious. I'd be bitter myself.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:15 AM

audi b8.5 s4
My man. You are the one coming out swinging here. And this coming from an unbiased owner of an Audi who is completely on the fence. Let's not devolve yet another thread into a mudslinging contest.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Holy cow that escalated quickly.

What about these guys? They performed a pretty thorough comparison test and chose the standard C63 over the M3.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-c...m3-vs-c63.html

It wasn't a walkover because the M3 is a great car. I have enjoyed all of the F8X M3s/M4s I've test driven. That said, the new C63 is also a great car that has received glowing reviews (which is why I'm looking forward to driving both the standard and S W205 models).

The "second opinion" in the review I linked above was conducted by a self-proclaimed diehard M3 fan. He said he'd put his money toward a C63.