C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

A Proper M3 Review.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by ash-c32
Car and Driver and Road and Track are the c**p from both presentation and content (small printed on shiny thin toilet paper, poor pictures and slalom and cornering g obsessed reviews)

AutoCar is head and shoulders above them but EVO TOWERS above all, I reserve judgement until they publish.

Anyone who has driven a 335i will tell you that the new 3 Series is very heavily biased towards refinement and comfort and it seems that the m3 is too refined in a similar vein).
I agree with you that AutoCar and EVO are the absolute best auto publications out there...even CAR is getting good again.

The Brits have the car magazine business down, compared to their US counterparts.

As far as the M3 goes.......I'll wait until I drive one before I say anything. But, one of my development engineers in Germany has some time in one and he says its brilliant!
Old 08-04-2007, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Militant-Grunt
I don't buy the www.autocar.co.uk crap, I honestly DOUBT BMW would mess up on their best car, they have done incredibly with the E30, E36 and E46 M3's. They surely are keeping to the same recipe.

Everyone reserve their judgement until Road and Track, Car and Driver and Top Gear have their way with the new M3.
What about Evo? Either they *or* Autocar kick the crap out of Car & Driver.
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Here, check out the scans from Evo magazine.

Review of M3: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74094

M3 vs RS4 (with C63 article): http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74095

I'm sadly disappointed with the M3...
Old 08-04-2007, 05:32 PM

2003 SL500 2005 G55
I was never a fan of the C-class but with the new C63 coming out it changed my mind. I think its a great looking car with the new headlights etc. I just dont know wich one I like better the new M3 or the C63. One thing i know for for sure is that the C63 has a way better interior than the bimmer and its way more elegant in the design but the bimmer is more sporty.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
Originally Posted by Guido1986
One thing i know for for sure is that the C63 has a way better interior than the bimmer and its way more elegant in the design but the bimmer is more sporty.
Sorry but have you driven either car yet? Have you even see either car in person? Lets try and save these type of comments after we have driven or at the very least seen them both.

I'm not saying that your wrong but you really have nothing to base it on.