400HP Lexus IS??? what is this

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB, BMW
400HP Lexus IS??? what is this

anyone know something about this car? is it out yet? i was watching the USOpen lastnight and they mentioned about a 400HP Lexus IS. is lexus officially entering the BMW M/AMG/Audi S market??
Old 09-10-2007, 06:47 PM
iku

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slk32(gone), 08 c63.
r u talking about the IS-F? if you are, then u're pretty behind in the field of automotives! it's just a beefed up IS, with a v8 engine and 8 gears(auto, with paddle shifter)
Old 09-10-2007, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB, BMW
Originally Posted by iku
r u talking about the IS-F? if you are, then u're pretty behind in the field of automotives! it's just a beefed up IS, with a v8 engine and 8 gears(auto, with paddle shifter)

lol u can tell i dont follow lexus cars much
Old 09-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
You're talking about the Lexus IS-F. Just because Ricky loves hearing the numbers, they're supposed to be making only 4,500 of them.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by ProV1
anyone know something about this car? is it out yet? i was watching the USOpen lastnight and they mentioned about a 400HP Lexus IS. is lexus officially entering the BMW M/AMG/Audi S market??
Lexus was running the IS/F pace car at the Monterey Historics (Laguna Seca) last month. It looked fast (smoked the IS350 pace cars every lap) and sounded pretty nice.

And yes, you are a little behind the automotive curve if you've never heard about it. Try a subscription to Road & Track.

The IS/F should be here very soon. The C63 should make it look weak.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:04 PM

Non Mercedes
Roger Federer got the keys to a 08 Lexus IS-F!
Old 09-10-2007, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
Damn Federer...I was glued to the first two matches though, only checking in on the Bears to see the score!

Anyways, give Lexus some time...they'll eventually make a nice sporty car. Until then we can laugh at them.

Actually, I take that back. Where would they fit in the market? The M division focuses on no compromise driver experience (well maybe not the new M3...) whilst out AMG guys are hard working on earth turning engine power, combined with average Mercedes customer in mind (ie, a softer, but still brutally fast luxo car). The Audis somewhere in between, I'd say.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
I stopped watching US open after Sharapova got owned by some lady..

So MR.Fed got an IsF huh? damn...It's a nice car I'm sure but performancewise, I doubt the car will come close as the new C63 or M3...
Old 09-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Almost a Member!

None of yall have seen it, how can you make such speculations about a car you have never seen/ridden in?

Sound like a bunch of e-children making wild assumptions about nothing you know about.

For all we know, it could smoke the amg or m.

....(waiting to be slaughtered for making a difference of opinion and not thinking the new c63 is god's gift to man.)
Old 09-10-2007, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB, BMW
anyone know how much this "IS-F" will cost? also, will lexus make GS-F, LS-F, etc?
Old 09-10-2007, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
IS -F should be around 50k-60k
GS-F mite have V10 and should be priced ard 60-70k
LS-F 80-100k prolly
Old 09-11-2007, 05:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by uownme
None of yall have seen it, how can you make such speculations about a car you have never seen/ridden in?

Sound like a bunch of e-children making wild assumptions about nothing you know about.

....(waiting to be slaughtered for making a difference of opinion and not thinking the new c63 is god's gift to man.)
+1 +1 +1 Just plain fanboy ignorance is what I call it.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
...and Whoopi Goldberg could be the next face of Avon.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five

I'm just speculating based off of Lexus's history...when they first started making Luxo cars, they didn't fare very well did they? But they kept on chugging and look where they are now. This is their first performance oriented series, and the IS-F doesn't sound like it can play with the Big 3 right now, from the given specs.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:24 AM

C32 AMG
Actualy they r in the market, for now it is very limited.
Lexus has own tuning division. I don't know when it started, but my partner has 01 GS430 L-Tuned, so at least since 2001. In Chicagoland I've seen only 1 of those besides my partners.
It is a very nice car. If I remember correctly it has 340hp engine
it's 4.3l N/A V8. pretty quick I must say.

Regards
Jack
Old 09-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Speaking of "making assumptions", do you ever bother reading a thread before piping in? As I stated in post #5, I have witnessed (for 3 days) firsthand, the IS/F running hot laps at Laguna Seca. Granted, this car was outfitted as a Pace Car with a professional driver, but from my point of view, it was no more impressive than a C55. You would have to be and absolute boob to not believe that the C63 will be considerably better in all aspects than the C55.

Finally, YES, we think the C63 will be God's gift to man (or at least Stuttgart's gift to man). You are in a C63 forum, you doofus. We come to this forum to beat our chests and crow about the insanely awesome car we all lust for. Why would be come to the C63 forum to lust for a Rice-rocket like the IS/F? Come on. We don't come over to your Trans-am forum and call you an idiot for your taste in cars, do we? Geeze.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by ScottW911
Speaking of "making assumptions", do you ever bother reading a thread before piping in? As I stated in post #5, I have witnessed (for 3 days) firsthand, the IS/F running hot laps at Laguna Seca. Granted, this car was outfitted as a Pace Car with a professional driver, but from my point of view, it was no more impressive than a C55. You would have to be and absolute boob to not believe that the C63 will be considerably better in all aspects than the C55.

Finally, YES, we think the C63 will be God's gift to man (or at least Stuttgart's gift to man). You are in a C63 forum, you doofus. We come to this forum to beat our chests and crow about the insanely awesome car we all lust for. Why would be come to the C63 forum to lust for a Rice-rocket like the IS/F? Come on. We don't come over to your Trans-am forum and call you an idiot for your taste in cars, do we? Geeze.
You sat in the stands watching a car drive in circles. You have NO idea how the car felt, handeling or acceleration wise. The difference will be small, and from that distance you can make no logical assertion of its capablities.

I drive the exact same car as you, thats why I visit these forums and I like the c63 just as much as the next guy. I am not saying the IS-F is better, I'm just stating that no one knows if it is or not. Quit being a child about and think before you make wild assumptions.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

You sat in the stands watching a car drive in circles. You have NO idea how the car felt, handeling or acceleration wise. The difference will be small, and from that distance you can make no logical assertion of its capablities.
Yup, sat in the stands, walked around it, and followed it around to observe it at each turn and straight. I compared it to the other cars on the track and made the most logical conclusion I could make, without driving it myself. That's a whole lot better than reading my favorite car mag and jumping online to criticise other for their enthusiasm about a new car coming down the pipe.

I drive the exact same car as you, thats why I visit these forums and I like the c63 just as much as the next guy.
I wasn't sure what you owned anymore. I don't think I've ever seen you post anything positive about your car, MBZ or this collection of (mostly) great forum members.

I am not saying the IS-F is better, I'm just stating that no one knows if it is or not. Quit being a child about and think before you make wild assumptions.
My "wild assumptions" are only based on my observations. Can you offer better? Should we withhold opinions, based on observation, until we see the Magazine wienies test them head to head? If so, let's just shut down this forum until spring of 2008.

Last one out, turn off the lights.

Oh yeah, Waaaaaaaaa! (you can't see me throwing my tantrum right now)

PS: Lighten up a little. We are here to have some fun. And I used "doofus" as the term of endearment.

Last edited by ScottW911; 09-11-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Almost a Member!

Black Bimmer
Good luck for the IS-F. Japanese tend to over-rated their car performance on paper
Old 09-13-2007, 05:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Leesi
Good luck for the IS-F. Japanese tend to over-rated their car performance on paper
And the German's don't?
Old 09-13-2007, 05:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yup, sat in the stands, walked around it, and followed it around to observe it at each turn and straight. I compared it to the other cars on the track and made the most logical conclusion I could make, without driving it myself. That's a whole lot better than reading my favorite car mag and jumping online to criticise other for their enthusiasm about a new car coming down the pipe.

What you are saying is still not conclusive enuff for folks in general! C'mon!

I hear what you're saying, but you know and I know that your conclusions still don't equate to an actual driving experience. How can I just look at a car and make a determination that it's no better than the next car? How? Does not make sense to me!

"Looks guilty,Acts guilty,he must have done the crime"! "Put him in jail"!
Terrible conclusion!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 09-13-2007 at 06:02 AM.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
I'm just speculating based off of Lexus's history...when they first started making Luxo cars, they didn't fare very well did they? .
They did very well their first yr (1990) especially based on Toyota's history of reliability. The LS400 was a tru winner for Lexus as was the LS250 at the time.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:09 AM

2011 E-class coupe, 2012 C-class
Relax its just a Corolla with sideskirts and bigger alloys
Old 09-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by ProjectC55
What you are saying is still not conclusive enuff for folks in general! C'mon!

I hear what you're saying, but you know and I know that your conclusions still don't equate to an actual driving experience. How can I just look at a car and make a determination that it's no better than the next car? How? Does not make sense to me!

"Looks guilty,Acts guilty,he must have done the crime"! "Put him in jail"!
Terrible conclusion!
You DO realize that I am admittedly biased, don't you? I have never cared for the motorized sofas that Lexus has built in the past (yes, I drove them).

If the glove fits, you must acquit.

I love MB and especially AMG. I am stating my opinions from my biased point of view. So sue me!
Old 09-13-2007, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You DO realize that I am admittedly biased, don't you? I have never cared for the motorized sofas that Lexus has built in the past (yes, I drove them).
Sounds like a big MB as well!

If the glove fits, you must acquit.
This was only said after the glove was personally tried on. You still gotta drive the car otherwise it's baseless biased!

I love MB and especially AMG. I am stating my opinions from my biased point of view. So sue me!
You must be an M5board member as well. Related to Gustav!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 400HP Lexus IS??? what is this