C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Checked out the new M3 today at dealer. WOW.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Checked out the new M3 today at dealer. WOW.

I was really skeptical of this car before I saw it, leaning toward the C63 AMG. Saw an Alpine White Coupe today in person for the first time. Simply stunning. Pretty much fully loaded, carbon fiber roof, black leather interior, technology package, etc. The sound of that V8 is unbelieveable, especially when being revved. I mean what else can you say, it sounds like a race car. Couldn't drive it, but sat in it and the seats felt very supportive, especially in the shoulder area. The Novillo leather is great. Definitely a smoother, softer feel than the Dakota. The carbon leather trim looks great with the black leather, and you combine those two with the dark headliner and the cockpit just feels right.

It was a weird feeling after following this car for so long from seeing the spy shots to sitting in the driver's seat. Car is a beast.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by zibby43
I was really skeptical of this car before I saw it, leaning toward the C63 AMG. Saw an Alpine White Coupe today in person for the first time. Simply stunning. Pretty much fully loaded, carbon fiber roof, black leather interior, technology package, etc. The sound of that V8 is unbelieveable, especially when being revved. I mean what else can you say, it sounds like a race car. Couldn't drive it, but sat in it and the seats felt very supportive, especially in the shoulder area. The Novillo leather is great. Definitely a smoother, softer feel than the Dakota. The carbon leather trim looks great with the black leather, and you combine those two with the dark headliner and the cockpit just feels right.

It was a weird feeling after following this car for so long from seeing the spy shots to sitting in the driver's seat. Car is a beast.
It is. ///M have done it again. White/CF roof and LOADED makes it simply the sickest. Gotta get saving that$$.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Zibby,
I checked out a M3 sedan ( Jerez black exterior ) with Black leather seats and Carbon leather dash

I thought the black color on the car hid all the subtelities of the M but a silver or white should be awesome

First reaction was that the inisde is too dark but after spending some time in it got used to the clean look and luxrious look of carbon leather and it didn't bother me anymore

BUt I still think black leather with brushed alum trim may look sharper/sportier and brighten up the cabin

I agree the seats are very soft and comfy( way way better than Dakota )- Good support in the shoulder area and when compared to the seats in C63 ( same ones from CLK 63 black ) the C63 seats seem too confining in the shoulder area

The test drive surprised me a lot. The suspension is adaptive and is very comfortable. Steerig feel and exhaust note were awesome and the car pulls hard. Compared to C63 not sure which engine is better but the New M is much better than Previous one IMHO
Old 03-08-2008, 09:26 AM

Torch Red Shelby GT 500
I am going to go check one out today. Even though its loaded $69494. I still find my self leaning towards the C63 cause it should be around 64K loaded and I'd loose to one every time at the stoplight in the M. Besides who wants to look like a c*ck according to Mr. Clarkson.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by mrdci
I am going to go check one out today. Even though its loaded $69494. I still find my self leaning towards the C63 cause it should be around 64K loaded and I'd loose to one every time at the stoplight in the M. Besides who wants to look like a c*ck according to Mr. Clarkson.
That being said, the problem is the drivers that buy them not the car. Too many on the roads. It'll be cool for a couple of years until guidos and the like start dropping them and tearing around in their baseball hats. I love my E46 but at mid-30s am starting to think we may have to part for that very reason.

Like the C63 mechanically but not the looks.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E550 4Matic, 2002 M3 Vert
Originally Posted by transferred
That being said, the problem is the drivers that buy them not the car. Too many on the roads. It'll be cool for a couple of years until guidos and the like start dropping them and tearing around in their baseball hats. I love my E46 but at mid-30s am starting to think we may have to part for that very reason.

Like the C63 mechanically but not the looks.
This is a very interesting observation. Where I live (Chicago) we don't ever see modified/dropped M3s driving around. Everytime I see an E46 it appears to be a classy and sporty stock car going down the avenue.

Are you in CA?

Edit: I see you are in fact in OC, CA. I guess that explains it!
Old 03-08-2008, 04:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 e55 amg and 05 CL65 amg
Just checked out the M3,at my local dealer!!!!! I love the CF roof on the coupe, and the leather is to die for.. Not crazy about the front end, but I am a fan of the rear. I think seeing both these cars in person, and driving them both will be a deciding factor for me. I will be waiting til both come out with the 09's though!!!!!
Old 03-08-2008, 04:52 PM

Torch Red Shelby GT 500
I checked out a Blue Coupe and Black Sedan. Both nice but that I drive thing is annoying. Was raining really bad so no need to test drive today. I did start them and rev'd them a bit. They seemed pretty quite to have 400HP and a V8. Nothing like all the C63 vids (one of my main reason for wanting the car) Once had the carbon trim the other had aluminum. Both were nice but I'd go aluminum I think. One had the full on leather package and the other just the basic. I didn't think it would make that big of a difference but the leather on the center console makes the car so much nicer compared to the standard plastic. The right hood nostril is the intake and the other is for ventilation as far as I could tell. Overall for $70K I'll wait and see what AMG has to offer and seems like 8 out of 10 M3 owners in the DC area are Asians so no Guido affect around here.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Almost a Member!

looking for E55 AMG
Test drove the 4 door today and it was impressive. The car pulled hard at every speed and the handling was superb. We took a curve going about 60 and I thought we were going to lose it but the car ate it up no problem.

At first when I heard the engine at idle, I wasn't impressed. Once she started revving....wow she sounded sweet!

The suspension is a major improvement over the E46. Car felt very soft when it needed to be and tight when you drove it sporty. It handled the potholes a lot better, even with 19's then the E46.

Interior was a big improvement over the E46, but still wasn't great. I hopped in a E63 afterwords and there wasn't any comparison of course.

All in all car was impressive, but the sticker on this 4 door was $69k. For that they car keep it. I'll take a used E55 all day long.

I want to check out the new double clutch which will be abailable in April. That option will put the car in the $70's all day long. Car was nice but I don't think it is worth the coin.