Sponsored by:

Seating Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche Boxster S
Seating Package

The seating package obviously adds alot of cost to the C63, does anyone have pictures of a car without it? Do you still get the same bolstered seats just with lower grade leather and no memory? The description is Napa leather with memory but there seems to be little information on what you get if you don't opt for the option.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by drburton
The seating package obviously adds alot of cost to the C63, does anyone have pictures of a car without it? Do you still get the same bolstered seats just with lower grade leather and no memory? The description is Napa leather with memory but there seems to be little information on what you get if you don't opt for the option.
the seating package means that the seats are all leather

other wise they are partially cloth

i might be wrong, but i think you MUST add the seating option....i cant imagine those AMG seats in cloth, nor do i think anyone can find a c63 without the seating option
Old 05-10-2008, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 310 Likes on 228 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Without the leather package, the seats are cloth and MB-Tex (vinyl). No leather. The leather with the package is soft nappa for seating surfaces and regular for the rest. It also includes memory seats.

I think you have to special order a US car to not get the leather package. I can't imagine anyone wanting the car without it. It would kill resale value too. I think it's just a gimmick to keep the "base" price low, without expecting any of them to actually come that way.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:30 PM

Porsche Boxster S
Call me crazy , but I might be the one guy who would order without leather. Have you seen the M3 cloth seats, I love them. I'm between the C63 and the M3 and if I go with the M3 I'll get cloth. I have no idea what the C63 seats look like without leather though, was hoping someone may have a picture.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:30 PM

2001 Ford Lightning/2003 Mustang Cobra
The only reason I would think of someone wanting to not get leather seats is because they do track events and plan on switiching them out for aftermarket seats and harness.

But as DrBurton just posted above, I guess some people just like the look better.