Sponsored by:

My New C63 ... and upcoming 700 mile road trip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 03:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Jeep SRT8 NOW ... C63 IN MAY!
My New C63 ... and upcoming 700 mile road trip

I picked up the car exactly one week ago from today. The power, torque, handling and general driving experience is fantastic. Build quality, practicality and layout of the interior is clearly well thought out and terrifically streamlined. Mercedes has gone to a great length to make all of the controls intuitive and easy to use. The car is indeed very special. It has been extremely difficult to find one aspect of the car I do not like (although I have).

On Tuesday I will be taking the car on a 700 mile road trip from Washington, DC to Chicago, IL. It should take around 11 - 12 hours depending on traffic. The break-in period is my largest concern here. I have put 400 miles on the car so far. Although I have stretched the cars legs 5 or 6 times (driving aggressively 0 - 110 mph, red lining the engine in 2nd and 3rd gear, etc.), I have been following the suggested break in period closely (first 1000 miles no faster than 85 and no higher engine speed then 4500 rpm). The head technician and my dealer explained to me that it is OK to drive the car hard a handful of times during the break in period - but not on a daily basis. Otherwise, stick to the break-in instructions provided by AMG. As far as my road trip goes - there isn't much to worry about. He instructed me to work through the gears every so often while driving, not consistently red line the engine and pull over every 2 hours or so to let the car idle for 10 minutes and sit with the engine off for 10 minutes. With all this being said - I am excited to write a thorough review of my 11 - 12 hour driving experience in the car - complete with pictures and detailed analysis of the drive. I will have it posted by Wednesday evening.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
looking forward to your insite and review.

-Troy