Sponsored by:

new owner question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2008 | 07:34 PM
Almost a Member!

C63
new owner question

so i finally got it! WOW! picked it up this past weekend, and cant wipe the smile off my face. drove it a bit on the weekend, but this week, been driving my other car to work. the c63 will be my daily driver soon. in any event, i will post my feelings/review once i get some good time behind the wheel. my initial impressions are that seats are comfortable and actually help my posture/driving position. i really like them (6'-2" 200lbs) . the ride is solid and firm, but not unbearable, rough or choppy. handling at speed, very tight and flat, turn in, unbelievable for a benz, grip outstanding. didnt go past 3500 rpms, but when throttle is applied at a turn, you become "aware" of the back end, and how it wants to pass the front end. even below 3500, you can feel the gobs of torque that are there. throttle blips in M mode are intoxicating. (i cant believe i own this car). that said, driving easy, i got 15.6mpg on a fwy stint. not bad, but i wasnt flogging it either. i was pleased. you get LOTS of stares, especially at stop lights when taking off, and it alerts those around you that this is no ordinary benz.

i really wanted an m3, but after testing both, i know i made the right choice. not bashing the m3 at all. i'll elaborate later.

with that said, NOW MY QUESTION: i'll be breaking it in per the amg windshield sticker, this is where my question lies; does this car have the "learned" driving behavior? (i cant remember what its called). this is my first automatic, so i am curious, as i am breaking it in, is there anything i should be aware of, so the car does not learn that i want to drive it slow (haha)? there is nothing c63 specific regarding this is the included owners booklets for the car. is this "learned behavior" something that can be reset AFTER breaking it in?

it is sitting garaged until the weekend, at which time, a nice cruise is in order. and i will post pics as well.

the car is steel grey/black, p2, mm, ipod.

my best to all. its a great car.
Old 05-29-2008 | 07:53 PM
RJR

2012 ML350 2017 C63S Cab
PIX please, lots and lots. I have a Steel Grey on order that will be in within the next 2-3 weeks. There is been quite a few threads within the last couple of weeks on the break in procedure. Just do a search or scroll back a few pages.
Old 05-29-2008 | 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Cant wait for pics, i will anxiously wait for them, enjoy the monster, as far as the break in, there is alot of info for you to search, congrats.
Old 05-29-2008 | 08:48 PM
Almost a Member!

C63
clarification(?)

yeah, i know about the break in, that much i understand. maybe i was unclear. i was referring to the "learned behavior" of the transmission. like i said, i havent owned an automatic before, and i have heard that the mercedes automatics "learn" your driving habits and adjust the transmission likewise. THAT is the part i don't understand as i will be breaking it in in a way i wont drive it ordinarily. make sense?

thanks.

and yes, i will post pics. i have a couple on my phone. if someone can host for me, pm me, and i'll send them. they are not good quality though.
Old 05-29-2008 | 09:04 PM

2005 C230KSS 6spd
i know what ur talking about. im not sure if the amg's have it though.

to deal with it, youre supposed to vary your driving style to keep it confused or something like that.

terrible explanation but thats how i dealt with it
Old 05-29-2008 | 09:36 PM

ML320
the trans will learn the way you drive and will continually change as the driving changes, the adaptation can be re set by the dealer at anytime, the adaptations main purpose is to adj as there is wear in the trans to keep the best quality shift under the different load ranges(high,medium,low) you don't need to worry about unless you are experiencing shift quality issues.
Old 05-29-2008 | 10:15 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Congrats, pix please.

-Troy
Old 05-29-2008 | 10:18 PM

2009 C63
Old 05-30-2008 | 01:53 AM
Almost a Member!

C63
camera pics

couple pics from when it arrived.

better photos this weekend.
Old 05-30-2008 | 02:20 AM

What I like!
Wow, you must be my twin!

I just took delivery of my Steel Grey C63 today too... and it is also my first automatic transmission car (in umm... "decades" of driving, I've only owned stick ) I too am used to having full control over the engine and I want to make sure it experiences a variety of conditions while breaking it in. I also want to follow the manual... so... not sure. I will probably drive it easy for the first 200 miles and then start using more throttle and more manual mode, still while keeping within recommendations (under 4500 rpm) ... gonna be hard though.

I was also down for the M3 but switched to the C63... glad I did!
Congrats!
Old 05-30-2008 | 12:21 PM
Almost a Member!

C63
Twins indeed

I saw your pics, the car looks great. I'd be interested in sharing thoughts on the car with you. we seem to have a similar history and taste.
Old 05-30-2008 | 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
congratulations
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:23 PM

2015 BMW M3 White/Black
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
Wow, you must be my twin!

I just took delivery of my Steel Grey C63 today too... and it is also my first automatic transmission car (in umm... "decades" of driving, I've only owned stick ) I too am used to having full control over the engine and I want to make sure it experiences a variety of conditions while breaking it in. I also want to follow the manual... so... not sure. I will probably drive it easy for the first 200 miles and then start using more throttle and more manual mode, still while keeping within recommendations (under 4500 rpm) ... gonna be hard though.

I was also down for the M3 but switched to the C63... glad I did!
Congrats!
You lucky So and So!!!

I have to wait until Late-July.

I will live vicariously through you, so share the stories.