Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally a Sprint Booster for the C63!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 M3
I certainly didn't pay $300 to have the Sport button on my E46 M3! It's actually standard, and the only thing it does it make the throttle a lot more sensitive so that at about 3/4 of the pedal travel is 100% WOT rather than pushing the accelerator all the way down. Seems like this is pretty much the same thing. I didn't read the whole thread but how does this mod affect the speed/feel of your shifts?
Old 06-01-2008, 04:24 PM

C43, SLK32, CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
Because of the increased throttle sensitivity it does make the Up and Down shifts seem much crisper.
You didn't originally say "seem much crisper" you said "is much crisper". There is a difference. Saying it is much crisper leads one to believe that the transmission is actually shifting faster which of course it is not.

Like I said, if someone wants to pay for a throttle amplifier, then they are welcome to. Just don't advertise that it does things in doesn't. People should know exactly what they are getting.

I still say if you are more aggressive with throttle pressure, you accomplish the same thing. And most ECU tunes do make some power at least at some RPM range. The sprint booster does not affect HP or transmission shift time at all.

Personally I'd rather the money on headers or suspension or someone else said gas.

Last edited by SteveL; 06-01-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:41 PM

C43, SLK32, CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Spartacus700
... Also makes pedal/throttle input more linear (direct)... and you tend to burn through gas faster wit it.
Read the article I posted. Why do you think it makes the throttle more linear? The signal is just amplified by 1.3. I don't see how that makes it more linear. If anything, it makes it less linear. It might make it more direct as small throttle movements are amplified by 30%.

If you want one, get one and enjoy it. Again, people should understand that is is just a throttle signal amplifier. That is all that it is. I don't understand why people think is does other stuff. But I guess it doesn't, it just seems to do other stuff.

If you apply 30% more throttle pressure than you already are then you get all of the benefits of the sprint booster. The transmission will wait longer in the RPM band to shift because the car thinks you want to go fast and guess what, the shift will seem crisper.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Spartacus700
I personally think a lot of the appeal is because most people actually very rarely 'floor' the gas pedal very quickly... it's not a part of normal driving for most people... so advancing the ratio of throttle to pedal response enables you to be able to sort of maintain your normal feel on the gas pedal (which is habitual and subconscious for most people), but the car is more responsive and feels more 'sporty' as some have described. This is key in an M3 because you get more power high in the rev range... the sport mode has the effect of revving up the engine faster for a given level of pedal input.
This is the best 1 paragrpah summation I have seen on the sprintbooster.

People want to flex a toe to give a response in most road situations, not conciously think "Right mash it" whenever you want to overtake.

If you don't like Sprintboost then obviously don't like BrakeAssist either because you can just mash your foot to the floor on the brake anyway no?

People will be disabling their powersteering soon because it does not make the turning circle any smaller

Regards

Andy
Old 06-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chrysler Crossfire
Well put and with that said... anyone want to be the first on the board to provide an unbias opinion?