Finally a Sprint Booster for the C63!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chrysler Crossfire
Finally a Sprint Booster for the C63!!

As many of you may know the 07 and up C class has not been able to use the same Sprint Booster that everyother Mercedes has. Well, just released yesterday for the 07 and up C class including the C63 is a brand new Sprint Booster.

We will have these in stock next week and are offering an introductory price of $300.00 shipped!

Here's a link: http://www.tvtdes********/inc/sdetail/750

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you,

Anthony
Old 05-30-2008, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
As many of you may know the 07 and up C class has not been able to use the same Sprint Booster that everyother Mercedes has. Well, just released yesterday for the 07 and up C class including the C63 is a brand new Sprint Booster.

We will have these in stock next week and are offering an introductory price of $300.00 shipped!

Here's a link: http://www.tvtdes********/inc/sdetail/750

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you,

Anthony
i'm a total newb when it comes to mods and stuff

can you please explain exactly what this is, how it works, and how its installed

with a price tag of only $300, i might be interested
Old 05-30-2008, 02:06 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Chrysler Crossfire
Basically what the Sprint Booster does is allow the throttle to become more sensitive. These cars are Drive By Wire and many owners have noticed a lag in throttle response when compared to a cable actuated car. The Sprint Booster eliminates this lag and makes the car much more responsive. Up and down shifitng is much crisper and power delivery appears much sooner.

We have sold 100's to MB and Crossfire owners and have not had one single dissatisfied customer.

Anthony
Old 05-30-2008, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Basically what the Sprint Booster does is allow the throttle to become more sensitive. These cars are Drive By Wire and many owners have noticed a lag in throttle response when compared to a cable actuated car. The Sprint Booster eliminates this lag and makes the car much more responsive. Up and down shifitng is much crisper and power delivery appears much sooner.

We have sold 100's to MB and Crossfire owners and have not had one single dissatisfied customer.

Anthony
sounds great

how is it installed, and would it void the warranty?
Old 05-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Chrysler Crossfire
It plugs right into the pedal assembly. On most cars it is a 15 min install. It will not void the warranty and is undetectable at service time, unless of course you're getting your pedal assembly replaced.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Have you guys driven a C63?

I really don't think throttle response or shift times are an issue.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:08 PM

C43, SLK32, CLK63 Black Series
Up and down shifitng is much crisper
No it isn't. The time it takes to shift gears in completely unaffected. The device simply multiplies the throttle by 1.3 and that is all it does. It makes the last 1/3 of the movement of the accelerator have no affect because the signal is already at 100%. If you simply step on the gas harder, you accomplish the same thing and save $300.

Last edited by SteveL; 05-30-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by SteveL
No it isn't. The time it takes to shift gears in completely unaffected. The device simply multiplies the throttle by 1.3 and that is all it does. It makes the last 1/3 of the movement of the accelerator have no affect because the signal is already at 100%. If you simply step on the gas harder, you accomplish the same thing and save $300.

LOLOL

you just OWNED this guys thread
Old 05-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Chrysler Crossfire
That's not exactly how it works. And yes we installed one on a C63 yesterday.

If you are interested in members' feedback search this site for the 100's of satisfied customers.

We offer a 15 day money back gaurantee if you are not satisfied.

Last edited by TVT_DESIGN; 05-30-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:07 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Old 05-30-2008, 09:17 PM

That's not exactly how it works. And yes we installed one on a C63 yesterday.
OK, this is exactly how it works: http://bipesauto.com/sprintbooster/S...r.pdf?fedb71e0

Read it and tell me if you really think it is worth $300. All it does is make the car "feel" faster by adding 30% to the throttle signal. Personally I'll pass.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:21 PM

2003 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan/2008 M3 Coupe M-DCT/1996 328i (Gone)/1988 190E 2.3 (Gone)
OK, this is exactly how it works: http://bipesauto.com/sprintbooster/S...r.pdf?fedb71e0

Read it and tell me if you really think it is worth $300. All it does is make the car "feel" faster by adding 30% to the throttle signal. Personally I'll pass.
Let's just floor it manually & save that $300 towards...uh,...buying...uh,...gas!!!
Old 05-31-2008, 02:56 AM

W212 2011 E-350 4Matic
TVT_DESIGN is our sponsor

lets at least take in what they are offering
not forcing any of us to buy the product.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
TVT__ could you post a picture of your spring booster?
Old 05-31-2008, 12:06 PM

2004 BMW M3
This link is broken...
Old 05-31-2008, 12:10 PM

2004 BMW M3
It plugs right into the pedal assembly. On most cars it is a 15 min install. It will not void the warranty and is undetectable at service time, unless of course you're getting your pedal assembly replaced.
Can it be undone just as easily ?
Old 05-31-2008, 12:35 PM

2004 BMW M3
This is conceptually similar to what the "Sport Mode" button does in a M3 (I have one)... and there have been MANY a debate on the M forums over the years about whether this is a necessary or even desirable feature.

My take is that when you increase the sensitivity gas pedal (ratio of throttle to pedal input) it does make a perceivable difference in how the car 'feels' to drive.... basically it feels more aggressive and 'edgy'. Some people like this a lot, while others don't care for it. Ironically it seems to be more popular for street driving mod vs. track because on a track you don't want an extra sensitive gas pedal because it makes it more difficult to be smooth and linear with power delivery (smooth = fast on a track). But for street driving some people love it. I know some M3 owners that never drive with Sport Mode turned off.

I personally think a lot of the appeal is because most people actually very rarely 'floor' the gas pedal very quickly... it's not a part of normal driving for most people... so advancing the ratio of throttle to pedal response enables you to be able to sort of maintain your normal feel on the gas pedal (which is habitual and subconscious for most people), but the car is more responsive and feels more 'sporty' as some have described. This is key in an M3 because you get more power high in the rev range... the sport mode has the effect of revving up the engine faster for a given level of pedal input.

It's all a matter of preference. It's not a necessary mod in the sense that you can accomplish the same thing by working the gas pedal more aggressively... but a lot of people like the effect of a more sensitive throttle response... a lot.

My 2 cents...
Old 05-31-2008, 06:39 PM

2003 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan/2008 M3 Coupe M-DCT/1996 328i (Gone)/1988 190E 2.3 (Gone)
Originally Posted by Spartacus700
This is conceptually similar to what the "Sport Mode" button does in a M3 (I have one)... and there have been MANY a debate on the M forums over the years about whether this is a necessary or even desirable feature.

My take is that when you increase the sensitivity gas pedal (ratio of throttle to pedal input) it does make a perceivable difference in how the car 'feels' to drive.... basically it feels more aggressive and 'edgy'. Some people like this a lot, while others don't care for it. Ironically it seems to be more popular for street driving mod vs. track because on a track you don't want an extra sensitive gas pedal because it makes it more difficult to be smooth and linear with power delivery (smooth = fast on a track). But for street driving some people love it. I know some M3 owners that never drive with Sport Mode turned off.

I personally think a lot of the appeal is because most people actually very rarely 'floor' the gas pedal very quickly... it's not a part of normal driving for most people... so advancing the ratio of throttle to pedal response enables you to be able to sort of maintain your normal feel on the gas pedal (which is habitual and subconscious for most people), but the car is more responsive and feels more 'sporty' as some have described. This is key in an M3 because you get more power high in the rev range... the sport mode has the effect of revving up the engine faster for a given level of pedal input.

It's all a matter of preference. It's not a necessary mod in the sense that you can accomplish the same thing by working the gas pedal more aggressively... but a lot of people like the effect of a more sensitive throttle response... a lot.

My 2 cents...
Thanks for the info. As least now we have a better understanding on how it feels comparing to a BMW driving in sport mode.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
i have one in mine and i enjoy it. i know it doesnt make u any faster or give u more power but i just like how the car feels more responsive and less laggy.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:35 AM

Works for me.

Originally Posted by Spartacus700
This link is broken...
Old 06-01-2008, 11:41 AM

I don't have any problem with it although I do think it is expensive. People should understand what it really is and what they are getting. It is simply an amplifier for the for the throttle signal, no more and no less.

I do an issue with false claims like "Up and Down shifting is much crisper". This is simply not true and it should be advertised as such.

For $300 you are getting your throttle signal amplified by 30% and that it is. If that is what you want, then by all means get one and enjoy it.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Chrysler Crossfire
Because of the increased throttle sensitivity it does make the Up and Down shifts seem much crisper. It's one of those mods you need to try for yourself.

We've had lots of skeptics, but not one customer that purchased it that didn't like it.

Look at what some other owners have said:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...booster+sprint

By the way we do not make these, we are just a distributor.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:50 PM

2004 BMW M3
I don't have any problem with it although I do think it is expensive. People should understand what it really is and what they are getting. It is simply an amplifier for the for the throttle signal, no more and no less.

I do an issue with false claims like "Up and Down shifting is much crisper". This is simply not true and it should be advertised as such.

For $300 you are getting your throttle signal amplified by 30% and that it is. If that is what you want, then by all means get one and enjoy it.
... Also makes pedal/throttle input more linear (direct)... and you tend to burn through gas faster wit it.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:18 PM

2004 BMW M3
Relative to the cost of mos other mods I've seen it's inexpensive. And it's one of those things that you can actually feel a difference immedialetly (whether preferable or not).

I was considering getting an ECU upgrade, but Renntech is charging over $3k and they claim only a 25-30 hp increase... which I doubt you can really feel a difference on a 450+HP machine unless you are routinely at the limits of the cars power (like drag racing). I'll probably get one of these SprintBoosters instead.

This discussion is classic, and I can say after doing qite a bit of modding on my E46M3, the mods I enjoyed the most were the least expensive ones that gave me a clearly perceivable change in the way the car feels to drive.

Which were:

- Stiffer front Anti-Sway Bar. $200 bucks installed... Immediate improvent in handling and steering feel. In retrospect this was the BEST mod I did of all on my M3... regardless of cost.

- Exhaust Ugrade... they claimed a small HP increase but who the heck knows on a 333HP stock engine?... I sure don't. All I know is the visceral sound of the car immediately changed for the better and that made it more fun to drive. The good news is that the C63 already sounds baddass so you really don't need to do anything here unless you want to be hardcore.

All the other stuff... intake, high-flow filters, ECU upgrades, etc was all fluff... and I have no idea if any of it actually made the car better.

Other things that make a clear difference you can see and feel:
- 19" wheels makes a very obvious difference in appearance and stance.
- A good short shifter (in a manual)
- A LSD makes a world of difference when accelerating around corners.
- Stiffer suspension all-around is easy to feel.

You've probably already figured out that I'm ordering my C63 with the the PP.... and trying to figure out how to get the 19" wheels!
Old 06-01-2008, 01:43 PM

C63 AMG
slightly off topic..

here are the HRE 549Rs which are close in appearance to the ROW 19s that come with the PP.
Attached Thumbnails Finally a Sprint Booster for the C63!!-hre-549r.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally a Sprint Booster for the C63!!