Sponsored by:

63 improvements

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2008 | 07:08 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Derspeed
Which oil is $11.00 per quart?
the special kind that burns easy I guess.
Old 06-19-2008 | 08:38 PM

1995 E 420
I dont claim that I know everything about engines.. especially "high porformance engines" But the only mill out on the market right now that specify/requires oil in the fuel mixture is the mazda's Renesis engine in the RX-8\x model cars. But the engine was designed to burn oil due to its rotary config. and the oil is needed to properly lubricate the engine. From personal experences with 2 strokes, any engine that burns oil will perform will (if its designed and tuned to) but the engine's life is greatly shortened. My 2 cents.. i wouldn't buy a car thats burning oil unless it says so in the manual by the manufacturer. If anyone tells you different they are a tard!
Old 06-19-2008 | 09:48 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by childofjuly
I dont claim that I know everything about engines.. especially "high porformance engines" But the only mill out on the market right now that specify/requires oil in the fuel mixture is the mazda's Renesis engine in the RX-8\x model cars. But the engine was designed to burn oil due to its rotary config. and the oil is needed to properly lubricate the engine. From personal experences with 2 strokes, any engine that burns oil will perform will (if its designed and tuned to) but the engine's life is greatly shortened. My 2 cents.. i wouldn't buy a car thats burning oil unless it says so in the manual by the manufacturer. If anyone tells you different they are a tard!
Watch out, if you keep making sence you may be called out as a MB / AMG hater!
Old 06-20-2008 | 05:24 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by 974AGK
Well thats my bro just off the phone and he to has had the dash board warning light "regarding fill up at next fuel stop" also. He has done 1200mls , My warning came on at 1900mls. Are we the only two C63's that have had the warning light's come on and are using oil , both these cars have been run in as per MB instructions on the windshield.
I have also had the warning come on on the dash but when i checked the dipstick it was completely full i.e up to the higher mark.

At this point i had only covered 300 miles.
Old 06-20-2008 | 08:13 AM

c63, Caterham 7, 335cic
Exclamation

Originally Posted by ShanSL350
I have also had the warning come on on the dash but when i checked the dipstick it was completely full i.e up to the higher mark.

At this point i had only covered 300 miles.
Folks:-

There are several cases in the MB system of the low oil sensors being faulty!

Thus causing the low oil indication light and "Check oil at next fuel stop".

The remedy is a new oil level sensor being fitted to the engine.
Old 06-20-2008 | 08:27 AM

C63 AMG
Thanks i will let MB Centre know as the car is with them at moment