My C63 Test Drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Darth Vader
My C63 Test Drive

Test drive complete

The car I drove was from MB in Milton Keynes (UK) delivered to my local dealer (who said he had a hard time wrestling it away from them) It's Obsidian Black with black leather.

First some pictures:

And a small movie:

Observations:

The car did look fabulous in black, its deffinatley not a colour I would choose but I liked it a lot. When I started it up it sounded fab and on lifting off the throttle the engine popping was really racey. Driving it around was again all that I expected and more in so far as it was so easy to drive in comfort mode and so smooth, I really thought after seeing and reading the write ups etc. that I was in for a wild ride!!!! Not so, there were 3 settings comfort/sport and manual, when in manual the speedo shows the gears (see pic) and wont change unless selected with the paddle shift, the best thing with this is the downshifts as it blips the throttle when changing, awesome, with the other settings it does not do this, in comfort mode its the usual smooth gear change I have come to expect from MB.

The seating was exeptionally supportive and comfortable with a multitude of adjustments even to the side bolsters, my wife said they were the best she had sat in too.

After 1 minute of driving I turned the radio off and left it there....the sound was addictive so full marks for that too.

Performance, well you just have to drive it to belive it, I suppose thats why we want these things after all. Punchy, fast, and dialling in warp factor nine before you know it, it's probably been described so many times before by everyone who has a very fast car but for me its like being in an aeroplane on takeoff, you get a surge of acceleration that just keeps on and on and on....

I have changed my mind regarding the colour so I have gone for the black..

Weird but I wanted the cream leather inside and that was the best colour to go with it, the reason I changed my mind regarding the blue is that there was a blue ML in their showroom , I didn't like it as much as the black...

They also had a Palladium silver c-class too, but the cream leather did not look right with that either so thats that.

I have added the LSD to the spec and the dealer has confirmed I'm the first to order it as a standalone option (avilable in UK from 1st June08)

I have also added the electric rear rollerblind as it looked good on the test car and filled one of the buttons on the dash....

As for the bluetooth phone thing I managed to pair my Nokia E51 very easily within 2 or 3 minutes with the comand system and it worked without any problems as I had a call whilst out, it even rang using my phones ringtone.

Oh! I also asked if I could have a factory tour around the AMG plant when we collect, but not sure yet if that is possible. So all I have to do now is save up and sit back.

Factory collection mid to end August 08.

Mark.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:13 PM

2009 C63 K1
That is awesome, I am jealous. I have only sat in one and started it up. Waiting for dealer to contact me for test drive as I already have one on order.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by SuperCover
Test drive complete

The car I drove was from MB in Milton Keynes (UK) delivered to my local dealer (who said he had a hard time wrestling it away from them) It's Obsidian Black with black leather.

First some pictures:

And a small movie:

Observations:

The car did look fabulous in black, its deffinatley not a colour I would choose but I liked it a lot. When I started it up it sounded fab and on lifting off the throttle the engine popping was really racey. Driving it around was again all that I expected and more in so far as it was so easy to drive in comfort mode and so smooth, I really thought after seeing and reading the write ups etc. that I was in for a wild ride!!!! Not so, there were 3 settings comfort/sport and manual, when in manual the speedo shows the gears (see pic) and wont change unless selected with the paddle shift, the best thing with this is the downshifts as it blips the throttle when changing, awesome, with the other settings it does not do this, in comfort mode its the usual smooth gear change I have come to expect from MB.

The seating was exeptionally supportive and comfortable with a multitude of adjustments even to the side bolsters, my wife said they were the best she had sat in too.

After 1 minute of driving I turned the radio off and left it there....the sound was addictive so full marks for that too.

Performance, well you just have to drive it to belive it, I suppose thats why we want these things after all. Punchy, fast, and dialling in warp factor nine before you know it, it's probably been described so many times before by everyone who has a very fast car but for me its like being in an aeroplane on takeoff, you get a surge of acceleration that just keeps on and on and on....

I have changed my mind regarding the colour so I have gone for the black..

Weird but I wanted the cream leather inside and that was the best colour to go with it, the reason I changed my mind regarding the blue is that there was a blue ML in their showroom , I didn't like it as much as the black...

They also had a Palladium silver c-class too, but the cream leather did not look right with that either so thats that.

I have added the LSD to the spec and the dealer has confirmed I'm the first to order it as a standalone option (avilable in UK from 1st June08)

I have also added the electric rear rollerblind as it looked good on the test car and filled one of the buttons on the dash....

As for the bluetooth phone thing I managed to pair my Nokia E51 very easily within 2 or 3 minutes with the comand system and it worked without any problems as I had a call whilst out, it even rang using my phones ringtone.

Oh! I also asked if I could have a factory tour around the AMG plant when we collect, but not sure yet if that is possible. So all I have to do now is save up and sit back.

Factory collection mid to end August 08.

Mark.
Great choice in color, I've seen several colors now and Black stands out the best 4 Sure. You Just need to compare the OB Black with the Plain Black as I did, the plain Black beleive it or not is a DEEPER looking Black,,, much much nicer looking. In the pics online you cant tell the difference becasue of the low resolution output,,, just a heads-up.

I also got to drive it (Surprisingly) while I was on business in PA and boy was it a blast...as you said handling was great and it took the bumps real well, I was surely impressed from confortness of the ride. Others have said that it seemed tight and bumpy,,, I'd say they're nuts...

Good luck!!! my 2009 will be in around I/m guessing Aug/Sept time frame
Old 06-15-2008, 11:48 AM

C63 Darth Vader
Originally Posted by dlbello

Good luck!!! my 2009 will be in around I/m guessing Aug/Sept time frame
Thanks, mine too, we are going to Germany to collect it and drive it back home, approx 750 miles.

I have really had a hard time with the colour, as many on here have also said, I originaly put my order in for Tansanite Blue, but after seeing this black one, well its (and I've posted this elsewhere) Darth Vader not Stormtrooper with Sahara Beige.

Mark.