How Cushy Are The Seats ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 07:42 AM
RJR

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 ML350 2017 C63S Cab
How Cushy Are The Seats ?

I know it has been covered a million times how the seats are pretty tight across but I was wondering how soft the cushions are in the seats. I know these are sport seats but I also would like to be comfy. My wife has a 2007 ML350 and the seat cushions are very hard with no much give. I have sat in a E63 and the seat cushions seemed to be very soft.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C63 AMG, 09 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, 09 Audi A8L, 09 Ferrari California, 08 S Class
The seats aren't too bad.... Like previously mentioned, someone's hard seats maybe another persons soft seats. Really depends on what your perception is- i would advise you to go and find an mb dealer thats close by and sit in a c63 so you can decide for yourself first hand.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:24 PM
huy

2004 E55 AMG
The Napa Leather is really soft, I can't comment on the regular seats....

the problem still for every non-enthusiast is the side bolstering, which automatically makes them "uncomfortable".
Old 07-21-2008, 04:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
The cushion itself is pretty firm the first time you try it.

But after 2200 miles I've finally got the seat and lumber adjusted just right, and my butt is wearing in the cushion like you would a nice pair of shoes.

The seats are now very comfortable and supportive. I love them!
Old 07-21-2008, 04:32 PM
RJR

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 ML350 2017 C63S Cab
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
The cushion itself is pretty firm the first time you try it.

But after 2200 miles I've finally got the seat and lumber adjusted just right, and my butt is wearing in the cushion like you would a nice pair of shoes.

The seats are now very comfortable and supportive. I love them!
Thats great to hear. I am supposed to pick up the new car tonight and I told the salesman that I wanted to take it out for a nice long test drive first to make sure it is exactly what I want. I have been waiting 9 months so I hope it is everything that I expected and more.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:42 PM

What I like!
Originally Posted by RJR
Thats great to hear. I am supposed to pick up the new car tonight and I told the salesman that I wanted to take it out for a nice long test drive first to make sure it is exactly what I want. I have been waiting 9 months so I hope it is everything that I expected and more.

Yeah, it's a lot of money to spend on something if it's not quite right... I know the feeling. There are three buttons on the side of the seat next to the console that adjust the side bolsters and the lumbar support... it can take a little while to get it right.

The first time I drove a C63 I was wowed by the straight line speed (it feels faster from the passenger seat IMO so have someone else drive for a bit if you can!) but.. my initial impressions of the rest of the car were just average. I thought the steering was too boosted at low speeds, but now I like it. It firms up a lot at speed, and I suppose that is a very minor quibble of mine... the variable assist steering is REALLY variable depending on speed. In my Evo OTOH, I know what kind of feel to expect at all times -- the same feel. But, the C63 does have a good quick ratio no matter what the speed, and that is important to me. Good flick-flick steering.

OK I got off on a tangent.... hope your test drive/delivery goes well! I went and tested the M3 again after my first C63 test drive, and after that comparison, the deal was sealed for the C63!
Old 07-23-2008, 02:49 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
Yeah, it's a lot of money to spend on something if it's not quite right... I know the feeling. There are three buttons on the side of the seat next to the console that adjust the side bolsters and the lumbar support... it can take a little while to get it right.

The first time I drove a C63 I was wowed by the straight line speed (it feels faster from the passenger seat IMO so have someone else drive for a bit if you can!) but.. my initial impressions of the rest of the car were just average. I thought the steering was too boosted at low speeds, but now I like it. It firms up a lot at speed, and I suppose that is a very minor quibble of mine... the variable assist steering is REALLY variable depending on speed. In my Evo OTOH, I know what kind of feel to expect at all times -- the same feel. But, the C63 does have a good quick ratio no matter what the speed, and that is important to me. Good flick-flick steering.

OK I got off on a tangent.... hope your test drive/delivery goes well! I went and tested the M3 again after my first C63 test drive, and after that comparison, the deal was sealed for the C63!
Hey Hans, I know it's off topic and this thread is pretty much dead, seeing how RJR passed on his ride. But I do agree with you on the steering, at 1st it felt as you said to boosted especially at lower speeds, which I feel is correct, but once you start to get on it, it firms up quite considerably.

Outside of the little steering deal at slower speeds (which I now have gotten used to as well) and the slightly slowish upshifts in manual. I don't have any real complaints. I truly love my ride, and I never seem to get enough of it.

And that's driving at slow, fast, and somewhere in between speeds. It really doesn't matter. The car rocks PERIOD!!! Best bang for the buck IMO. Cheers
Old 07-23-2008, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by RJR
I know it has been covered a million times how the seats are pretty tight across but I was wondering how soft the cushions are in the seats. I know these are sport seats but I also would like to be comfy. My wife has a 2007 ML350 and the seat cushions are very hard with no much give. I have sat in a E63 and the seat cushions seemed to be very soft.
I have a ML350 also and the C63 seats are definitely much much softer.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:03 PM

What I like!
Originally Posted by kimiFan
I truly love my ride, and I never seem to get enough of it.
And that's driving at slow, fast, and somewhere in between speeds. It really doesn't matter. The car rocks PERIOD!!! Best bang for the buck IMO. Cheers

I agree, what an INSANE little package it is! When people ask me how the car is, or how I like it, I say "I love it. It's the best car I've ever bought. It does everything well... completely satisfied!" I just love driving it. Bliss is not too strong a word
Old 07-23-2008, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
I as well am amazed everytime i honk on it. Sometimes as i am accelerating i look around in amazement thinking..."holy sh#t, is that me makin that pyschotic sound?" Then the smile comes, then on the throttle again, thinking, "was that my car popping and grunting", it just seems it never gets old, i know some may think i am in the honeymoon phase, but i will conifidently state that this car will not bore me for the next four years.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:54 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Man just rip out that stock and put in "Lazy Boy" and be done with it.