Sponsored by:

Finally - Delivery Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63, Caterham 7, 335cic
Originally Posted by 2009c63soon
Thanks for the comments guys and I will take some way better pics this weekend and post. I hear you on the MMI and will post what I consider to be a more valid assessment when I've had a week or so to play with it. I have noticed a couple of positives - love that it recognises and shows CD titles, songs etc.

For some reason my steering wheel doesn't move out of the way when I power down - any one else know how (or if) that feature works?

Also, I don't see my ipod on the nav screen, only the speedo, and seems very quirky. I assume there is some method to getting it working successfully. Any advice or is it in another thread I've missed?

Thanks to all and yes, this am, BIG smile when I started her up - I park in a basement garage in my building - think I woke up half of my neighbors
The Ipod interface is a little confusing to start with.
Select "Audio" on the MM screen
You should the get a list of Sat, Disc, and Aux
Select Aux
Now hit the steering column left and right arrows to select Audio on the Main Indicator. (The speedometer)
The bit that is not explained is to then hit the "hang up telephone" button
This then gives you control of the Ipod so you can then scroll through Artists, Albums, Composers etc
In conjunction with the left side up & down arrow on the steering column and the "OK" button

Dont know who designed it but after a few trys its easy to figure out.

Strange thing is if you search "Ipod" on the Operators Manual or Comand manual there is zip on this?

Its a great thing to use to bust your MB sales guys nuts because most of them cannot figure it out how to use the Ipod Integration.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:30 AM

2007 E63, 2006 C55
RE: New C63

Congrats, awesome color combo!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:45 AM

2008 C63 AMG
Steering wheel

The liason who helped with after car sales asked me if I wanted the wheel to move out of the way and if I wanted the mirror to fold on power off as some of the many choices before I was set free.

I asked them to set the speedo clock to AM PM and not military time and they didn't know how to do it. The premium tech guys in the back hooked up the computer and went through all the menus. As a Unix engineer I was fascinated by how many different levels of menus, and then you realize "how dangerous some of those options were!" in the wrong hands.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by Ruff
The liason who helped with after car sales asked me if I wanted the wheel to move out of the way and if I wanted the mirror to fold on power off as some of the many choices before I was set free.

I asked them to set the speedo clock to AM PM and not military time and they didn't know how to do it. The premium tech guys in the back hooked up the computer and went through all the menus. As a Unix engineer I was fascinated by how many different levels of menus, and then you realize "how dangerous some of those options were!" in the wrong hands.
oh wow, thats some interesting stuff

i recently read on here that the mirrors no longer fold in on the 09s

maybe they have to be programmed to do that?
Old 07-25-2008, 10:32 AM

'08 CL600,'09 C63 (sld), '07 550i (sld), '08 VW , '04 X5 4.4 (sld), '02 ML (sld), '01 e46M3 (sld)
Originally Posted by bizguy4u
The Ipod interface is a little confusing to start with.
Select "Audio" on the MM screen
You should the get a list of Sat, Disc, and Aux
Select Aux
Now hit the steering column left and right arrows to select Audio on the Main Indicator. (The speedometer)
The bit that is not explained is to then hit the "hang up telephone" button
This then gives you control of the Ipod so you can then scroll through Artists, Albums, Composers etc
In conjunction with the left side up & down arrow on the steering column and the "OK" button

Dont know who designed it but after a few trys its easy to figure out.

Strange thing is if you search "Ipod" on the Operators Manual or Comand manual there is zip on this?

Its a great thing to use to bust your MB sales guys nuts because most of them cannot figure it out how to use the Ipod Integration.
Priceless information. Many thanks!
Old 07-25-2008, 10:35 AM

'08 CL600,'09 C63 (sld), '07 550i (sld), '08 VW , '04 X5 4.4 (sld), '02 ML (sld), '01 e46M3 (sld)
Originally Posted by Ruff

Thanks - will have them do this when my plates come in. Now the big question: do I leave the front beautiful and untouched and risk the wrath of NJ cops for having no front plate or do I mess it up and play it safe?
Old 07-25-2008, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Last Emperor
oh wow, thats some interesting stuff

i recently read on here that the mirrors no longer fold in on the 09s

maybe they have to be programmed to do that?
nah- the power mirrors have definitely been removed.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
bizguy, was this originally explained to you

or what it simple trial and error?
Old 07-25-2008, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Thanks - will have them do this when my plates come in. Now the big question: do I leave the front beautiful and untouched and risk the wrath of NJ cops for having no front plate or do I mess it up and play it safe?
where do you park?

im in NY, but the front of the car looks soooo dope w/o the plate!
im gonna leave it off

the thing you should worry about most is when you leave it parked

sure you might get pulled over every so often, but u can maybe get out of it

id keep the plate in the car and tell the cop the car is new and im waiting for the bracket, or that the bracket fell off and im waiting for a new one

but if you can talk well, you should be able to talk your way out of it

one problem for me tho is, i always have weed in my car (LOL) and surely the dark tints and no plate will lead to me getting pulled over more often

f*ck it tho, the car looooks sooo good (and different) with out the plate
Old 07-25-2008, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
i actually had a good idea the other day, and want to look into it
(but mayeb a similar product already exists)

how about a magnetic plate frame???

not so much to put on while your driving but,
lets say you like the look with out the plate,
you drive without it

and then when you park in the street or something, you just take it out the car, and stick on on the front so you wont catch tickets

what do you guys think??
Old 07-25-2008, 11:32 AM

where do you park?

im in NY, but the front of the car looks soooo dope w/o the plate!
im gonna leave it off

the thing you should worry about most is when you leave it parked

sure you might get pulled over every so often, but u can maybe get out of it

id keep the plate in the car and tell the cop the car is new and im waiting for the bracket, or that the bracket fell off and im waiting for a new one

but if you can talk well, you should be able to talk your way out of it

one problem for me tho is, i always have weed in my car (LOL) and surely the dark tints and no plate will lead to me getting pulled over more often

f*ck it tho, the car looooks sooo good (and different) with out the plate
I park in a garage and will take my other car whenever I need to street park so that's not too much of an issue. If I do fit the plate, I atleast want the cheap nasty balck plastic housing painted body color - very surprised they don't do this anyway.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
congratulations
Old 07-25-2008, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
all i know is....ESPECIALLY IN NY/NJ

the car will look soooooo good with out the plate
and one of the reasons for this is, everyone on the road HAS a plate

people will look at your car, and they wont be able to figure out why it looks so great

most of the time they wont even notice that there is no plate
but thats one of the reasons it will look so great !

ive had this same experience with a plateless white cls55

it would break necks left and right, and looked AMAZING without the plates
Old 07-25-2008, 11:55 AM

2005 C230KSS 6spd
all i know is....ESPECIALLY IN NY/NJ

the car will look soooooo good with out the plate
and one of the reasons for this is, everyone on the road HAS a plate

people will look at your car, and they wont be able to figure out why it looks so great

most of the time they wont even notice that there is no plate
but thats one of the reasons it will look so great !

ive had this same experience with a plateless white cls55

it would break necks left and right, and looked AMAZING without the plates
what's amazing to me is your ability to repeat yourself incessantly.
now i have become stupider after reading your post.
thank you.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:56 AM

2009 C63 K1
I live in Texas and we are required by law to use the front plates. I have yet to comply as on most high-end performance cars the front plates ruin the look of the car. I have only been stopped twice for this in 8 years and then was only given a warning. If I were to get a ticket, then I would comply. I am waiting until that time comes to change. Not sure how aggressive the NJ cops are but in Houston they don't care. For those folks in Texas, the 2 times that I was stopped (for no front plate) were on Hwy. 71 between LaGrange and Bastrop.

Last edited by yaymitch; 07-25-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by charl1exbr0wn
what's amazing to me is your ability to repeat yourself incessantly.
now i have become stupider after reading your post.
thank you.
you see.....

we're having a perfectly normal discussion in here

and then you decide to enter the forum with ur insults

youre a loser!

go grade some ones english test or somthing

Last edited by Last Emperor; 07-25-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:58 AM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by yaymitch
I live in Texas and we are required by law to use the front plates. I have yet to comply as on most high-end performance cars the front plates ruin the look of the car. I have only been stopped twice for this in 8 years and then was only given a warning. If I were to get a ticket, then I would comply. I am waiting until that time comes to change. Not sure how aggressive the NJ cops are but in Houston they do not care. For those folks in Texas, only times that I have been stopped was on Hwy. 71 between LaGrange and Bastrop.
Have lived in Texas for the past 12 years and not one car has had a front plate, except my Xterra (but who cares on that one). Not 1 ticket or warning for that matter. I live just north of Dallas.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by yaymitch
I live in Texas and we are required by law to use the front plates. I have yet to comply as on most high-end performance cars the front plates ruin the look of the car. I have only been stopped twice for this in 8 years and then was only given a warning. If I were to get a ticket, then I would comply. I am waiting until that time comes to change. Not sure how aggressive the NJ cops are but in Houston they don't care. For those folks in Texas, the 2 times that I was stopped were on Hwy. 71 between LaGrange and Bastrop.
well in all honesty mitch

even 1 ticket every few years is totally worth it to keep the look of the car as nice as can be
Old 07-25-2008, 01:21 PM
iku

slk32(gone), 08 c63.
For some reason my steering wheel doesn't move out of the way when I power down - any one else know how (or if) that feature works?

if you go to the main dispaly menu (on ur speedometer) and go to settings, you'll see "convinience"; click on it and you'll see "easy entry/exit". just enable it, and the steerin wheel should move out of ur way when u exit.
09 doesn't have power side mirrors ?

Last edited by iku; 07-25-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by iku
if you go to the main dispaly menu (on ur speedometer) and go to settings, you'll see "convinience"; click on it and you'll see "easy entry/exit". just enable it, and the steerin wheel should move out of ur way when u exit.
09 doesn't have power side mirrors ?
Thanks IKU. Much appreciated.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:41 PM

c63
got it!

just picked up my beast! sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. fast, handles great. Seats are fine. And Im big, 5,11 220lbs. See attached pics
Attached Thumbnails Finally - Delivery Today-picture-001.jpg   Finally - Delivery Today-picture-002.jpg   Finally - Delivery Today-picture-007.jpg   Finally - Delivery Today-picture-011.jpg  
Old 07-25-2008, 02:49 PM

2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Does anyone have a 2009 with the PP package to show?
Old 07-25-2008, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ericrobertallen
just picked up my beast! sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. fast, handles great. Seats are fine. And Im big, 5,11 220lbs. See attached pics

how come you didn't get the lighting package?
Old 07-26-2008, 04:06 PM

Interesting Observation

Way back when there was a lot of discussion on the forum about the ability to downshift more than one gear at a time and if I recall the consensus was that you couldn't - you'd have to click 3 times to go from 6th to 3rd for example.

Well, good news. You can! When in M mode simply hold the left paddle and it will automatically downshift to the optimal gear for maximum acceleration - eg. this am I pulled and held the paddle and it immediately shifted from 7th to 3rd and off I went.

Love this transmission.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:17 PM

2008 C63 AMG
I am with you on that - love this tranny and the down shifts, they are perfect every time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally - Delivery Today