C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy thoughts and where to buy, and how much to pay?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 Black Series
New guy thoughts and where to buy, and how much to pay?

I am new here, hello. Previous cars -- E46 M3, B7 S4, B7 RS4, others. Currently 2 Porsches (66 and 97) and a Toyota daily driver. With two little boys, I am looking to liquidate the Toyota and the 97 and buy one do-it-all kind of vehicle.

I drove the new M3 sedan (albeit stick, not DCT). It was a nice car, but felt about the same in performnce as my previous RS4. With similar performance, I think that I would take the RS4... it just felt more special, exclusive, limited, whatever.... and seemed to have Audi's rally heritage sort of running through its "veins". The M3 felt anemic in terms of torque, and the interior felt kind of cheap. The high revving concept means nothing much happens until 6k+ rpm/

Then I drove the C63 AMG. I giggled at the torque and excitement. What a perfect fun daily driver. I estimate that gas will cost about $300-400/month for a daily driver... call it $5k/year when you add in a trip or two. Like others have pointed out, it is negligible $dollars on this price car, but it is inconvenient. I expect that constantly filling up the tank will be kind of annoying, I hope that I am wrong.

In any case, I am ready to order. Here is my question --- how many of these will be made in 08 and 09? Compared to the M3, seems VERY exclusive, can't find them, etc. Unless I am buying a 997 GT3 RS or something similar, I am not paying over sticker. I would like to get something off MSRP, as we all know that these cars will depreciate $10k as you reach the first stop light from the dealer, and then more and more and more. For those that have already ordered or taken possession, what is the market pricing for these cars? And I must have the performance pkg. No offense to current owners, but I cannot imagine buying a car with this kind of power without a limited slip differential...

Last edited by jtrichel; 07-27-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:48 PM

bike
I'm in San Diego, and the cars are going for sticker around here. I think depending on our location, you might be able to get some money off.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:46 PM

Anything with BOOST
jtritchel, I'm in the same boat. I've "mentally" put myself in the car and am supposed to meet with my MB dealer (Ohio) this week. They ordered a car for me prior to my committment, however, I believe the pricing will be near MSRP. The car on order has PP, P02, MultiMedia, Ipod and teleaid. The MSRP will be around 70K and I think that will be the final number. I'm ok with paying list, the car is underpriced in my opinion. I'll let you know the final $ later this week.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
I paid full MSRP in May for my 2008.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:59 PM

2013 C63 Black Series
thanks for all the comments

Does anyone know the production numbers or US unit sales for 2008 or predicted for 2009?