Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It has arrived!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Had a nice road trip this weekend. Now have about 700 miles on it. Man do I love this car! And as a wide-backed guy, I actually am really liking the seats now. They definitely grow on you. The manual mode is just incredible with the downshifts; definitely fills the void I thought I would have getting an automatic.

2 quick questions:

1) Is it really necessary/recommended to get your oil changed after 1000 miles? My dealer said not to do it and the manual doesn't say you need to. First scheduled oil change is 10K. Thoughts?

2) When using the navigation, how do you search for POIs near your destination by name (that is not one of the preset types of POIs?) I hope that makes sense. For example, this weekend I was driving through a town and wanted to find the closest gym to grab a workout. I could not find a place for me to enter "Golds Gym" and then I wanted to find a bicycle shop nearby and there was no category for just retail stores and I couldn't just search for "Bicycle." My portable Garmin system is very good about letting you search names.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:57 PM

Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Originally Posted by dam225
LOL This car does turn heads. Some guy in a WRX pulled up next to me and then zigzagged in front of me on the way to work today. It was pretty funny. I pulled up next to him and hit it up to only about 4000-4500 RPMs and the sound the car made basically told him he doesn't want any of this. I then let him fly by me like an idiot LOL. The look on his face was priceless. Everyone seems to want to race. I have not bit yet and won't for a while. Trying to baby the black beauty for a little. I'm sure that will end soon!

I'm liking the seats more and more.
Congrats You're gonna get loads of these ricers/racers at the lights but let the little boys be since you know you can kick their *** and if not so what ?? Good to hear that your butt is getting comfy in the C63 !!
Old 08-04-2008, 06:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by dam225
1) Is it really necessary/recommended to get your oil changed after 1000 miles? My dealer said not to do it and the manual doesn't say you need to. First scheduled oil change is 10K. Thoughts?........
It is absolutely recommended. It IS a good idea to change the oil after 1000 miles. Do NOT let the dealership weasel out of changing the oil for you.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:47 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by boohooramblers
It is absolutely recommended. It IS a good idea to change the oil after 1000 miles. Do NOT let the dealership weasel out of changing the oil for you.