Sponsored by:

Anyone makes rear fender flares yet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 03:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G55
Anyone makes rear fender flares yet?

After looking at the C63, I am startiing to think that wider rear fender flares would help the look of the car a lot. The front flares being so nicely wide somehow don't match the rear in my point of view.

Does anyone make flare kits for the C class yet??
Old 08-08-2008, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 CL600,'09 C63 (sld), '07 550i (sld), '08 VW , '04 X5 4.4 (sld), '02 ML (sld), '01 e46M3 (sld)
Originally Posted by gollard
After looking at the C63, I am startiing to think that wider rear fender flares would help the look of the car a lot. The front flares being so nicely wide somehow don't match the rear in my point of view.

Does anyone make flare kits for the C class yet??
I agree and this is something picked up on early by the journalists too - think the main reason was that they didn't have to need to restamp such a major piece of the car. I think back to the glorious AMGs of the late 80's, such as their take on the 500sec. In those days, AMG was much as Brabus is today. Remember the Hammer?! They had 2 versions of the sec, one with body moldings applied around the rear wheels (not a big fan of that, including the little appliques used on the European c63 to make sure the wells go beyond the wheels to code - I guess the EU version of our orange fender lights!). The second version had massive fender flares, as if they'd recreated then entire rear stamping - I think this was insanely expensive).

So, with the Bullit not having big flares (correct me if I'm wrong), it seems that it will be down to someone creating body moldings to add on. Can this be done in a manner that they look part of the original metal work?

Some evil genius must be working on this somewhere?
Old 08-08-2008, 08:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G55
Originally Posted by 2009c63soon

So, with the Bullit not having big flares (correct me if I'm wrong), it seems that it will be down to someone creating body moldings to add on. Can this be done in a manner that they look part of the original metal work?

Some evil genius must be working on this somewhere?

I checked on the bullit, and on lorinser, but didn't find anything yet.

I remember the old AMGs ( but they were all a bit plasticky back then irrc )...

Hopefully someone is working on a body molding - similar to the front flares. SHould help the look of the car