C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Have a c63 and a dealer "friend"? Keyless start...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
Thumbs up Have a c63 and a dealer "friend"? Keyless start...

So I keep looking at these pix of the keyless starter system. Most of the electronics are in all cars - I keep wondering if ALL of the electronics are in our cars save for that dumb plug that actually acts as the push button.

You see, many many moons ago, I was the one who figured out that the coupe did have a trunk release, even though the key fob plastic didn't have a button for it.

So now I want to repeat the activity - but don't know the dealer staff well enough to ask... "hey, can I pop out that starter gizmo plug thingamabob and try it in my car?"

So - the challenge is thrown - ask your dealer to see if you can borrow the plug thingamabob... furthermore, it may require coding on the computer to show "keyless present"...

Please test this. Let's see if this was a litigation-related omission. After all, cars in Canada can have it, right hand drive C63's have it... why not US?

thanks everyone for your assistance in hacking the car!

Old 08-12-2008, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Your car doesnt have the electronics for Keyless Go and retrofitting it will be very expensive. You have to replace door handles, add new IR/RF sensors to all 4 doors, trunk, change ignition switch among other things.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:28 AM

my car
look for forum member benzmodz

it can be done, but the major problem is you need a keyless go key. and when you go in to a dealer to order said item, you vin wont have keyless go listed. = fail. IF, and it is a big if, you have a contact on the inside, you might be able to get one. then all you need is th long list of fancy bits as stated above, and away you go.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63
Seems like a good aftermarket opportunity. We all know the reverse camera is setup in the nav system, you just have to add the hardware.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
Now see - that's exactly the sort of resistance I saw when I asked (years ago)... "can the C230K hatch be popped with a C230K sedan key?" guess what - it was all in the key. MB just made a different plastic "wrapper" for the key.

A keyless go key would have to have all the same electronics we have in a standard RF system plus a proximity antenna - and you can probably share that with the standard transmitter antenna. Most likely, the car is sending out a ping every 5 seconds or so, when the key is within range, it responds and then a handshake protocol is instituted.

Yes, we don't have all the door handles and such - I really don't care about that - was wondering more about the engine starting portion.

MBF - other than the sensors on the doors - do you know for certain what may be missing?

It's all a stretch, but this looked like a fun play area
Old 08-14-2008, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
PM Sunil or Vadim. I know Sunil modified his W203 C320 and had to change out a lot of parts for the Keyless Go portion. Its not as easy as changing the key or adding a button guys.