Sponsored by:

Kleemann Info for C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 01:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Originally Posted by OverBudget
Dyno = better measure of improvement than video.
Completely agree! Glad to hear you are working with Vadim - he is good people.

The Kleemann sounds like awesome bang for the buck as well.

I am waiting a year to see how everything pans out, since I am basically a "mod chicken" Clear reflectors were a big stretch for me! (j/k)
Old 09-04-2008, 01:50 AM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
I understand what xandi911 is saying, I too would like to see actual real world results (ie. side by side results), but you can't expect someone else to go through all that trouble, especially in that tone, just to help you decide. I'm sure all of us would love to see a video of a tuned C63 vs stock, but since we're currently sitting on the sidelines we should be greatful with the information they do provide.

But I'm a bit of a mod chicken like Hans I had plans to go all out with mods a month or two after I got my car, but now I'm just waiting to see what VRP and MHP and others come out with.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by OverBudget
All of the stock C63's are dyno'ing out at around 374 rear wheel horsepower. VRP is going to dyno the car when the mods are done. I expect about 475 rear wheel horsepower.
You're going to do a baseline dyno before too, right? I'm pretty sure I saw you say that and showing a delta is much more important than any static numbers (which are easier to manipulate). I'm rooting for you, but I'm very pessimistic about you seeing 475 actual rwhp.

Any idea of what kind of dyno they use? Mustang is typically conservative with results, while Dynojet is typically very liberal (on the high end) with numbers (and often favored by tuners for the good results). Either way, good luck and I'll be closely monitoring your results.

I'm almost certainly going to go the ECU route (and I may by a second to swap in for stock), but I'm waiting to see how my dealer feels about mods before any part replacements.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
997TT, C63(delivered what a car!) ,M3 , WRX , A3
Originally Posted by shaker
Very well put.... what an idiot xandi911 is... has so many comments to make and in pretty good english, I might add, but then when it comes to putting money in the game all he wants to hear is the end results and via video no doubt.... so that he can make his decision.....what a loser!
a friend of mine tuned his C63 for aprox 500hp! ecu tune...
and after that he tried some runs with a stock C63...

RESULT: several ROLLS, and the best he could do was from 50-150mph half car lenght. DO yoU REALLY think it worth spend 5000k to be half car faster??

be careful SHAKER... after your ECU TUNE, you can be the 2nd IDIOT.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:58 AM

CL203, W211
Originally Posted by xandi911

RESULT: several ROLLS, and the best he could do was from 50-150mph half car lenght. DO yoU REALLY think it worth spend 5000k to be half car faster??

Would you like to purchase a keyboard with the capslock key in good working order before you buy any upgrades for your car? I think that would benefit you a lot more.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:46 AM

C63 AMG
Personally i agree with both sides of this argument but in all honesty all of you guys have to agree you are not interested in figures, you are interested in on the road, real life performance!
Surely this is what you are paying your money for????

Its useless having a print out from a dyno or receipt for $5000 is a stock car is keeping up with you on the road?

I am not advocating street racing or driving like a lunatic. I think as mentioned nobody wants to get hurt or lose their licence but a shootout at a timed drag race venue has to be the proof of the pudding. This will then show how much quicker the tuned car is.

So come on guys, lets get in ON
Old 09-04-2008, 11:49 AM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by xandi911

I would never spend $5K for an ECU tune only. Kleemann and VRP are both no more than $1500 so not sure what you are trying to say.
Side by side compasrion questions,. were the wheels the same, were the tire barnds the same, were the tire wears the same, were the drivers shifting or engaging in S mode, were the drivers the same weight, were both A/C's off etc etc etc etc... need to be careful as the conditions need to be exact for both cars as well .... there are too many variables to give an exact comparison hence the need for Dyno and side by side tests for which i do agree with you..... amazing that you're english is so good when you want it to be but when you are challenged you claim not to understand... what gives?
i agree with you're arguements but if everyone took your position no one would ever get a product. What i would suggest is that the tune manufacturer offer performance guarantees but not sure how you would measure that other than pre and post dyno's.... any suggestions?
Old 09-04-2008, 12:00 PM

2009 C63 AMG
I just think someone on here needs to do some proper testing, both real world and dyno.

A dyno is a great tool to use for tuning and measuring performance gains , but in the end why are you doing the mods ? To go faster on the drag strip, otherwise why do it ? We don't want to be Dyno Queens like the Supra crowd do we ?

Dyno the car baseline stock, once its broken in, but also track the car, get some baseline ET's and MPH to go off of.

Then mod the car, dyno it, and then track it, see what kind of real gains there are to be had.

When modding my cobra I had done track times and dyno times with all stages of my car to see what actually worked out or not, but others had already done this before me, so I had some benchmarks to compare to, I think that is all people are asking of the crowd that is dishing out the 5K, they want to see some Track performance and Dyno numbers to benchmark to, I know I would before I purchased any mods.

Props to MHP I believe has been the only tuner so far to actually Dyno and track his baseline C63 and I can't wait to see what happens once its modded and back on the track.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Almost a Member!

997GT3 RS , C63AMG
i belive in real life!!!!
magic dates and dynos of tuners for me is
i reced 60km/h to 200km/h with my C63 stock vs C63 tuned ECU with +500hps a lot of times and the result is the C63 ECU tuned +500hps is very very similar my C63 stcok!!
Because C63 +500hp vs C63 stock in side by side for 60km/h to 200km/h need to go 1 or 2 cars more faster an C63 stock in my opinion, 457hp never to be able to have the same performance that +500hp or then some thing this very missed

Last edited by porschelover1; 09-04-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:19 PM

bike
I would be willing to race my stock C63 against anyone's tuned C63. I'm in SoCal.

If you're in the area let me know and maybe we can set something up.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by magnus203
Would you like to purchase a keyboard with the capslock key in good working order before you buy any upgrades for your car? I think that would benefit you a lot more.

ohh sorry i think you didnt understand...
the correct was "DO YOU REALLY".
maybe now you are able to understand my words...

BTW why everyone wants more POWER?? to track better lap times? i dont think so.
more power--better acceleration...

so why all of us wanna MORE acceleration?? the stock car is not enough??

Old 09-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Banned

07 S550 & 08 335i
Shoot me a PM for special Kleemann pricing for these products...
Old 09-04-2008, 07:34 PM

2009 C63 AMG
This thread got off track, but I still enjoy it.

I feel like the mythbusters here... If you have a baseline for HP and Torque on a dyno and then you do mods and the same dyno shows X amount of improvement, that improvement is true improvement you got. How that translates into performance (in a street race, from a dead stop, from a roll, from 60 mph, in the quarter mile, etc.) is going to vary based upon driver ability, transmission mode, launch conditions, weather, etc. But all of that aside, it's fair to say that if you pick up 50 to 100 horsepower (which won't be hard as we know the C63 is de-tuned 50-60hp from the other 6.2 AMG cars) by simply doing the ECU, headers, and other mods, there is going to be improvement.

If I go street race someone (which I probably won't do), I don't care if I beat a stock car by 1 car length or 5 car lengths. I know the car is as quick as it can be for the amount of money I was willing to spend. I may go do a 1/4 mile at some point, but what the dyno shows as improvement will be good enough for me.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:46 PM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by Shooff
Dyno the car baseline stock, once its broken in, but also track the car, get some baseline ET's and MPH to go off of.

Then mod the car, dyno it, and then track it, see what kind of real gains there are to be had.
+1

No need to go street racing. A drag strip will let you get several runs and a best vs. best should suffice for a good estimate of "real world" performance gains.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:45 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by gravedgr
+1

No need to go street racing. A drag strip will let you get several runs and a best vs. best should suffice for a good estimate of "real world" performance gains.
+2

thats what im talking about! NUMBERS... and REALITY!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:30 AM

'06 SL600
I just had Kleemann flash my ECU/TCU (SL600, not C63, sorry I can't offer insight on the C63 mods) and thought it important for me to have 3rd party confirmation of my gains. I went and had the car dyno'd before and after at the same place with the same dyno (dynodynamics dyno). The only real difference I had was it was about 10 degrees hotter on my after dyno. Since the car still pulled pretty well, I was very happy with the results.

In general, the tuners here are all good people, but I've always felt it important to do my homework and make sure I'm getting what I paid for...

Sounds like these cars are getting real bang for the buck on the ECU though! (which isn't typical for an AMG car). My ECU/TCU netted me 50 rwhp/150 rwto. What's the torque increase that comes along with the rwhp increase for the ECU flash on a C63?