C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Guilty Pleasure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C63 AMG, 09 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, 09 Audi A8L, 09 Ferrari California, 08 S Class
Guilty Pleasure

I was driving back from brunel the other day back towards london... As soon as I was on the motorway I saw no camera's and it was late at night, needless to say the road was pretty much empty. Figured what the heck might as well floor it...

Its shocking how fast this car is!! I guess this was the first time I properly floored it and I am still gobsmacked at how fast I hit the 155 limiter. I'm happy to say that this is the car that will probably make me lose my license lol.

Absolutely wicked
Old 09-10-2008, 10:51 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
E55, GMC Suburban, F430 matchbox, Caddooo DTS
It sounds like it is time for you to get a computer upgrade and get rid of that top speed limiter.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Almost a Member!

05' 997 C2S cabriolet; 08' white C63
You also need a good radar-detector.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Wink At Those speeds!

Originally Posted by king360
You also need a good radar-detector.
No radar detector is going to save him!

Just be careful!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 03:04 PM

C63 Darth Vader
Originally Posted by mrwolf
I was driving back from brunel the other day back towards london... As soon as I was on the motorway I saw no camera's and it was late at night, needless to say the road was pretty much empty. Figured what the heck might as well floor it...

Its shocking how fast this car is!! I guess this was the first time I properly floored it and I am still gobsmacked at how fast I hit the 155 limiter. I'm happy to say that this is the car that will probably make me lose my license lol.

Absolutely wicked
Its tooooo easy....

I have an Origin b2 with garage door opener....(ahem! laser jammer) .

Just nip over to Germany, when your on the Autobahn floor it as much as you like then spend a night in a nice Schloss.

Do it again on the way back......

The strange thing is in Germany it's quite hard to pass your test with a lot of theory and examinations before you pass, their way of looking at it is that now you are qualified to drive you should know how to do exactly that....

If you drive like a tw#t and dangerously you get some serious punishment. The driving over there IMHO, is wayyyyy better than here in the UK.

I'm glad you mentioned how aware you were of your surroundings and thought it was safe to do what you did, no problem.

M.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:14 PM

08 C63 AMG, 09 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, 09 Audi A8L, 09 Ferrari California, 08 S Class
Exactly. I'm a firm believer in the concept that driving fast is ok if your doing it in a safe environment. Also believe that it is safer going fast in a car that is built for that purpose. Sometimes I see people doing crazy speeds in smaller cars or hatchbacks or whatever and I think to myself.. what nutters! Those cars aren't as stable at higher speeds, dont corner as well as you'd want them to and can't brake effectively enough to facilitate that person's speeding.

Anyways, I respect this car's power and performance and will definately have to do a trip to germany. In the meantime, hoping to do an isle of man trip with some friends. Convoy will include me, a 335i and carrera 4 s.

Will post pics after/during the trip if possible.

Goodluck + safe driving to all the owners out there.