Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recall - LSDs

Cross posted from Pistonheads:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...oduct%20recall

My dealership phoned me last week. Allegedly there is a product recall on the C63's with LSD as some came from the factory with the wrong diff oil in them.

You will need to change the diff oil on or around 1800 miles and I had it done after a scrupulous running-in period. Nevertheless, my garage will be replacing the ENTIRE DIFF over two days.

This may not apply to non-UK markets, but it's worth checking. The downside claimed by my garage is (a) increased, exceptional wear in the diff and (b) extra noise. I have noticed the noise....
Old 09-12-2008, 05:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63
Keeps getting better and better with the PP package. I wonder if anyone lost their job considering how bad they screwed up the PP package installations.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:50 PM

C63 AMG
Anyone know if this applies to the US as well?
Old 09-13-2008, 06:07 AM

C63 Darth Vader
Originally Posted by exiges
Cross posted from Pistonheads:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...oduct%20recall

My dealership phoned me last week. Allegedly there is a product recall on the C63's with LSD as some came from the factory with the wrong diff oil in them.

You will need to change the diff oil on or around 1800 miles and I had it done after a scrupulous running-in period. Nevertheless, my garage will be replacing the ENTIRE DIFF over two days.

This may not apply to non-UK markets, but it's worth checking. The downside claimed by my garage is (a) increased, exceptional wear in the diff and (b) extra noise. I have noticed the noise....
That's abit worrying.....

I have not heard anything about this from my dealer!!! Should I give them a call and query this?

M.