Sponsored by:

Material Lining Inner rear wells

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63, BMW E46 M3
Material Lining Inner rear wells

Hello everyone, I am a new owner of an Artic white 09 C63, LSD, AMG leather, Multimedia Pkg, Speed Delimiter. My question is the material that is lining the inside of the rear wheel wells(arches) seems to be made of a thick black felt type material. Is this the norm or did the factory forget to install another cover. I own an E46 M3 and the material they is plastic/rubber, actually any other car I have owned/driven has this or just metal. Why would AMG use this material, it doesn't seem like it would hold up to time and the elements very long.
Thanks.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by docmfg
Hello everyone, I am a new owner of an Artic white 09 C63, LSD, AMG leather, Multimedia Pkg, Speed Delimiter. My question is the material that is lining the inside of the rear wheel wells(arches) seems to be made of a thick black felt type material. Is this the norm or did the factory forget to install another cover. I own an E46 M3 and the material they is plastic/rubber, actually any other car I have owned/driven has this or just metal. Why would AMG use this material, it doesn't seem like it would hold up to time and the elements very long.
Thanks.
That is normal. All of the current C-Class and the prior C-Class models use this technique.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:43 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Yeah it's normal, my Audi has it too, and I think more and more new cars are doing it. I assume it helps silence rocks and stones thrown up in the wheel well. And btw, it holds up very well, better than the plastic lining that looks worn in very short order.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:17 AM

C63, BMW E46 M3
Thumbs up

Ok, thanks guys.