MB v. BMW: Balloon?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37
MB v. BMW: Balloon?

What's up fellas....newbie here.

I've been working a deal with BMW for a M3 where I'd give them $2500 down, 0.9%, $750x59 months for a 08 Coupe. There is a balloon at the end of $23,300....I have reasons for the balloon....keeping $25K in a CD making more than 0.9%....liquidity and security in this economy.

Anyway, I went in to deal with MB and the guy says no deal....MB will not do a balloon....even though their website says they offer them. I have 780 (A+) credit so that is not an issue.

Anyone here work a balloon with MB? The C63 is my first option but I don't want to tie up my $$$ in the car....not with this economy. Balloon anyone?
Old 11-06-2008, 07:16 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BigPete

I've been working a deal with BMW for a M3 where I'd give them $2500 down, 0.9%, $750x59 months for a 08 Coupe. There is a balloon at the end of $23,300....I have reasons for the balloon....keeping $25K in a CD making more than 0.9%....liquidity and security in this economy.

Anyway, I went in to deal with MB and the guy says no deal....MB will not do a balloon....even though their website says they offer them. I have 780 (A+) credit so that is not an issue.

Anyone here work a balloon with MB? The C63 is my first option but I don't want to tie up my $$$ in the car....not with this economy. Balloon anyone?
Ah, I can't tell you how pleased I am to offer some help to you. Tomorrow I'm picking up my 2009 C63 and trading in my 2008 E90 M3 (after having it only 45 days). The C63 was my first choice too, but I was wooed by their great finance rates (what's the point of financing something at a great rate that is 2nd best?).

So yes, MB has terrible rates (both lease and finance) for the AMG. Forget MB. Instead, I went to penfed.org and got a 5% 60 month loan with a balloon of apx. 20K (which I believe will be less than what the car will be worth in 5 years, but you never know). So my payments are in the $700 range. Within 48 hours I had the loan approved, loan & check documents sent to my MB dealer, and I shall sign them tomorrow. Also, this way, you can negotiate the best price for the C63 from your dealer and make sure you get the most fair financing.

Hope that helped.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Almost a Member!

Infiniti FX35
hmmmm.....

I thought they offered it. Check out the link & MB mp3:

http://www.mercedesbenzfinancial.com...fitsBalloon.do
http://www.mercedesbenzfinancial.com...assFinance.mp3

• You own the vehicle and have most of the same benefits as traditional financing.
  • The monthly payments are less than traditional financing thus providing more monthly disposable income.
  • Good for customers interested in tax depreciation (please consult your tax advisor).
Good luck....
Old 11-07-2008, 10:23 AM

'12 CTS-V
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
Ah, I can't tell you how pleased I am to offer some help to you. Tomorrow I'm picking up my 2009 C63 and trading in my 2008 E90 M3 (after having it only 45 days). The C63 was my first choice too, but I was wooed by their great finance rates (what's the point of financing something at a great rate that is 2nd best?).

So yes, MB has terrible rates (both lease and finance) for the AMG. Forget MB. Instead, I went to penfed.org and got a 5% 60 month loan with a balloon of apx. 20K (which I believe will be less than what the car will be worth in 5 years, but you never know). So my payments are in the $700 range. Within 48 hours I had the loan approved, loan & check documents sent to my MB dealer, and I shall sign them tomorrow. Also, this way, you can negotiate the best price for the C63 from your dealer and make sure you get the most fair financing.

Hope that helped.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Almost a Member!

Infiniti FX35

Hmmmm, just thinking about this deal. Are you sure about that BMW deal? My math says you might be paying too much for an 08. Any word on that balloon? I understand the need to keep your cash. You might want to reconsider buying at this time if its that important to you. IMHO